Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

scottish summer???????????????????

scottish summer???????????????????

Old Jul 24th 2004, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice
Default scottish summer???????????????????

togooffandthings, just noticed your response to a thread and you said you were in bonny Scotland. Which bit? Just worked 6 days on started my 2 days off an hour ago, and naturally the weather has turned rubbish again in Ediburgh. So depressing. which bit of oz are you off to?
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:00 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: scottish summer???????????????????

Originally posted by logan
togooffandthings, just noticed your response to a thread and you said you were in bonny Scotland. Which bit? Just worked 6 days on started my 2 days off an hour ago, and naturally the weather has turned rubbish again in Ediburgh. So depressing. which bit of oz are you off to?

They p**s themselves laughing over here when I tell them we used to go to the beach in 18 degrees in Scotland.
18 degrees here & they put the heating on.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Originally posted by Bordy
They p**s themselves laughing over here when I tell them we used to go to the beach in 18 degrees in Scotland.
hey we were at Portobello beach, Edinburgh last Sunday, and I think but don't quote me it was about 24c....ok more like 18c with a wind chill factor!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:12 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

it is pissing down in Glasgow today as per usual, would depress the life out you, time for beer.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by madsad
it is pissing down in Glasgow today as per usual, would depress the life out you, time for beer.
glad to hear it's no brighter in the West! Not raining but blowing a gale.......
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:17 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by logan
glad to hear it's no brighter in the West! Not raining but blowing a gale.......
wind & rain Logan!! bloody typical. Nowt else to do but drink and they wonder why us scots are drinkers!!
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:18 pm

what do you do over there Bordy?
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:18 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Had some rain here to but was a good day. Had lunch with a few other Ex Pats then dragged round "Goodguys" for a new fridge / freezer, home to watch the fotty on TV & few beers.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:19 pm
The Godfather

what do you do over there Bordy?

For work? I work nightshift in a company making Printed Circuit boards & wife is an A&E Nurse.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:20 pm

Had some rain here to but was a good day. Had lunch with a few other Ex Pats then dragged round "Goodguys" for a new fridge / freezer, home to watch the fotty on TV & few beers.

what footy??
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:21 pm
The Godfather

what footy??

The Aussie Rules. Never bothered about it for first two years but it kinda grows on you. Love it now. Hevs, Jaykay & Myself are all Essendon fans.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:24 pm

The Aussie Rules. Never bothered about it for first two years but it kinda grows on you. Love it now. Hevs, Jaykay & Myself are all Essendon fans.

Pure madness!! more a football fan myself, also played rugby union upto Scottish U21 level (union) so love that watched the All Blacks beat South Africa this morning.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:26 pm
The Godfather

Pure madness!! more a football fan myself, also played rugby union upto Scottish U21 level (union) so love that watched the All Blacks beat South Africa this morning.

Yeah I was & still am a big Kilmarnock supporter but I find the Aussie rules pretty good now I'm out here. Love my rugby union to, went to the England V Samoa game in the world cup here in Melbourne. First time in my life Ive been Samoan.
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:33 pm

Yeah I was & still am a big Kilmarnock supporter but I find the Aussie rules pretty good now I'm out here. Love my rugby union to, went to the England V Samoa game in the world cup here in Melbourne. First time in my life Ive been Samoan.

Still the best pie you can get at a Scottish ground "the Killie steak pie" pure class. That is Essendon tops the two little bears are wearing is it not?
Old Jul 24th 2004, 12:47 pm
The Godfather

Still the best pie you can get at a Scottish ground "the Killie steak pie" pure class. That is Essendon tops the two little bears are wearing is it not?

It sure is. See your half Aussie already.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.