Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scottish removal firms

Scottish removal firms

Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

tjmckay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scottish removal firms

Can anyone recommend a good removal firm to ship our goods from Edinburgh to Melbourne & a idea of the cost ?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scottish removal firms

I am just outside Dunfermline. Here are the quotes we received. 3 bedroomed house plus study: BTW we are to Perth.

Anglo Pacific:

40 ft container £5700
20 ft container £3845

We were just over a 20 foot container so if we wanted to leave some stuff in storage and for it to go at a later date on a shared container the cost for shipping the leftovers was £1195.

We also had quotes from PSS. They were £5900 for 40 foot and £3600 for a 20 foot with £1100 for the remaining stuff.

John Masons were about the same as PSS but they don't have a rep here in Scotland so just sent some random bloke who didn't say anything or come with any literature so I just binned their quotes.

We're going with AP. The guy who came to the house was very professional. Came with loads for us to read up and and told us what items we needed to be careful with. We both had a good feeling from him and they way he presented himself plus he has a team of packers in the area.

Le tme know if you have any questions.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Also after a phone call Anglo Pacific met the PSS quote. So do haggle.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

tjmckay is an unknown quantity at this point

Many thanks for your quick reply. I also got told to try Pickford for a quote as they are quite reasonable. I will let you no how i get on thanks :
Old Jun 16th 2009, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

We're using Doree Bonner who have a base in Edinburgh.

40ft container including car shipping to Brisbane (but obviously not the tax and things on that) plus free storage in Edinburgh - £5990. This includes removal and full unpacking service in Brisbane too and specially built storage containers for some of our more expensive artwork and hifi stuff.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

I think I will give Doree a call too.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Their quote and paperwork were much more comprehensive and professional looking than Anglo. So far I'm impressed with them.

They were also personally recommended to us by our friends who relocated to the States last year.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:50 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

I have used Anglo twice and have been very impressed with them on both occasions
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

fisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nicefisher lass is just really nice

We got a quote from Dorree Bonner 280 cuft door to door Fife to Perth £1695.

Quote from PSS for same £1445.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Davy2Win is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fisher lass
We got a quote from Dorree Bonner 280 cuft door to door Fife to Perth £1695.

Quote from PSS for same £1445.
the 40 footer you are discussing, what is the script with taking a car to Adelaide. As I have my pride and joy, Subaru WRX, that I want to take with me but thought that idea would have been foolish. How much tax do you pay, roughly for a motor?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

We're taking a Lotus Exige S. It's going to cost in the region of £10k I think.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:49 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tjmckay
Can anyone recommend a good removal firm to ship our goods from Edinburgh to Melbourne & a idea of the cost ?
WE used Anglo Pacific from Edinburgh to Ottawa. Can't recall the cost, but they were very good. Nothing at all was damaged. They took alot of time packing carefully. I was impressed.