British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Scottish meet disaster (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/scottish-meet-disaster-340999/)

Margaret2 Dec 4th 2005 9:10 pm

Scottish meet disaster

Hi,

Wiz luckin furrit tae a wee schwally wi me pals, then it awe went wrang, a hawndfi coudni mack it, n that wiz that, but surely thir must ba mare than that plannin tae go, so where wir yi, when a wiz diein fur a nicht oot. :D n a gid bevvy :beer:

Stitch Dec 4th 2005 9:13 pm

Re: Scottish meet disaster

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Hi,

Wiz luckin forward to a wee schwally wi me pals, then it awe went wrang, a hawndfi coudni make it, n that wiz that, but surely there must be mare than that plannin tae go, so where wir yi, when a wiz dienig fur a nicht oot. :D n a gid bevvy :beer:

Hi Margaret,

Susan and hubby Jim, who's computers nae working right now came doon tae Edinburgh for a wee swachlly but couldnae find anyone!

I sat and had a couple oh red in the hoose wi the kids!

Cheers

Ginny

Margaret2 Dec 4th 2005 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi Margaret,

Susan and hubby Jim, who's computers nae working right now came doon tae Edinburgh for a wee swachlly but couldnae find anyone!

I sat and had a couple oh red in the hoose wi the kids!

Cheers

Ginny

Och, par, sussie, n jim, if only they wir wa ma noo, am sure wa could find lots tae talk aboot, who r they, can't recall them, or is it the :beer:

Stitch Dec 4th 2005 9:18 pm

Och, par, sussie, n jim, if only they wir wa ma noo, am sure wa could find lots tae talk aboot, who r they, can't recall them, or is it the :beer:

Susan had followed me down from Dundee with her two kids at the last meet. I'm sure you had chatted to her. Hubby was on a golfing holiday at the time.

Cheers

Ginny

Margaret2 Dec 4th 2005 9:18 pm

Jist tae add, ma life really is the x factor :(

Margaret2 Dec 4th 2005 9:19 pm

Susan had followed me down from Dundee with her two kids at the last meet. I'm sure you had chatted to her. Hubby was on a golfing holiday at the time.

Cheers

Ginny

och aye :D

Stitch Dec 4th 2005 9:19 pm

Jist tae add, ma life really is the x factor :(

Why? Is it the drink or is something??

Cheers

Ginny

Margaret2 Dec 4th 2005 9:23 pm

Why? Is it the drink or is something??

Cheers

Ginny

Aye it is the :beer: Actually it was murder on Sat, I had to work in the am and a collegue had promised to come in at 1pm to let me away, so felt an idiot, I telephoned her at 11.30 to tell her there was no need, that I could do the rest of the shift. Had went to bloody work in my new gear as well, as didn't really know what was happening, to be honest was bloody quite annoyed about the whole thing :mad:

Just to add, it' s ok for people who don't have to work the weekend, but it caused a lot of inconvenience for me and collegues, so am in a major huff :(

Stitch Dec 4th 2005 9:25 pm

Aye it is the :beer: Actually it was murder on Sat, I had to work in the am and a collegue had promised to come in at 1pm to let me away, so felt an idiot, I telephoned her at 11.30 to tell her there was no need, that I could do the rest of the shift. Had went to bloody work in my new gear as well, as didn't really know what was happening, to be honest was bloody quite annoyed about the whole thing :mad:

Will need to organise another for the new year. Could probably do a lunch thing then if people want to stay on etc then we could do that.

Cheers

Ginny

Margaret2 Dec 4th 2005 9:27 pm

Will need to organise another for the new year. Could probably do a lunch thing then if people want to stay on etc then we could do that.

Cheers

Ginny

Yeah, and I think this time just the girls, there alot more reliable :D

Stitch Dec 4th 2005 9:28 pm

Yeah, and I think this time just the girls, there alot more reliable :D

Lunch and girls sounds quite good. A wee spot of lunch followed by a few drinks then home by tea time......I can do that!

Cheers

Ginny

Margaret2 Dec 4th 2005 9:29 pm

Lunch and girls sounds quite good. A wee spot of lunch followed by a few drinks then home by tea time......I can do that!

Cheers

Ginny

SOUNDS BLOODY MAG :D :D IC

Margaret2 Dec 4th 2005 9:31 pm

But on the other hand there must be alot more scots out there, get your buts to the next SCOTTISH LASSIES MEET :D we'll have a blast :beer:

Stitch Dec 4th 2005 9:32 pm

SOUNDS BLOODY MAG :D :D IC

Will have to be after Chrimbo and New Year as I'm skint! If we put out a thread early next year (Ikes!) then we can organise it for the end of January....Sound ok?

Cheers

Ginny

Margaret2 Dec 4th 2005 9:33 pm

Will have to be after Chrimbo and New Year as I'm skint! If we put out a thread early next year (Ikes!) then we can organise it for the end of January....Sound ok?

Cheers

Ginny

Sounds good, lets try and recruit some more scottish lassies, fur that..................gidnicht fur noo :D