Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

scots heading to brisbane

scots heading to brisbane

Old Oct 25th 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default scots heading to brisbane

just out of interest, who is all heading to Brisbane? What areas are you thinking of and what area of work are you in?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: scots heading to brisbane

Originally Posted by brissydeb
just out of interest, who is all heading to Brisbane? What areas are you thinking of and what area of work are you in?
Hi

We are hoping to head to Brisbane. Looking at the Carina area.

Hubby is a carpenter and I'm an Admin Services Manager.

Have you thought of an area to move to?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 5:58 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi

We are hoping to head to Brisbane. Looking at the Carina area.

Hubby is a carpenter and I'm an Admin Services Manager.

Have you thought of an area to move to?
We live in Carina. Try taking a look at http://www.stellaratcarina.com.au/ as they are still developing this estate. It's very nice and we were very impressed with the show homes.

Carina does have a very busy road called Creek Road running right through it and we are lucky enough to live at the Links rental, which is about 0.5-1km away from the road and we can still hear it at night.

I think that the Links also has availability, so you might want to check there too via http://www.seqrents.com.au

Also, Carina lies right on the flight path for Brissy airport and though it seems that smaller aircraft fly over it can be annoying at times.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
We live in Carina. Try taking a look at http://www.stellaratcarina.com.au/ as they are still developing this estate. It's very nice and we were very impressed with the show homes.

Carina does have a very busy road called Creek Road running right through it and we are lucky enough to live at the Links rental, which is about 0.5-1km away from the road and we can still hear it at night.

I think that the Links also has availability, so you might want to check there too via http://www.seqrents.com.au

Also, Carina lies right on the flight path for Brissy airport and though it seems that smaller aircraft fly over it can be annoying at times.
Thanks for that that's great. We are actually heading for a recce in February and are trying to secure short term accommodation in the Carina area so we could check it out. I'm sure Carina Links is one of the rental areas I liked the look of for when we eventually make the move.

Wasn't aware Carina was on the flight path though.

Will have a look at what's on offer.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:04 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we headed out here in June and are in Manly West. We chose south side because I'm based at Nathan (Griffith Uni) and hubby (when he gets a job) will more than likely be south side. Like the area cause to get to work I can either use public transport or drive (miss a lot of the traffic cause I go across).

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:18 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi we headed out here in June and are in Manly West. We chose south side because I'm based at Nathan (Griffith Uni) and hubby (when he gets a job) will more than likely be south side. Like the area cause to get to work I can either use public transport or drive (miss a lot of the traffic cause I go across).

Cheers

Ginny
We're trying to buy (right at the beginning of the whole process - buying land on Saturday) in Wakerley which isn't far from Manly. It's an excellent new development and all indications point towards it being a great investment.

We want to use these guys: http://www.plantationhomes.com.au/ and build a "Retreat". Has anyone had experience of these guys?
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:21 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

We're trying to buy (right at the beginning of the whole process - buying land on Saturday) in Wakerley which isn't far from Manly. It's an excellent new development and all indications point towards it being a great investment.

We want to use these guys: http://www.plantationhomes.com.au/ and build a "Retreat". Has anyone had experience of these guys?

I would run a search on them. Friends of ours are building at Habitat Wakerly and I think they're using Ausbuild. There's been a wee bit written about Plantation on this forum. Not all good. We have friends renting in Wakerly but it's a bit out of the way for us. Only have one car so need to be close to school for the kids and walking distance to train station (and pub for hubby!).

Cheers

Ginny
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:30 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by Stitch
I would run a search on them. Friends of ours are building at Habitat Wakerly and I think they're using Ausbuild. There's been a wee bit written about Plantation on this forum. Not all good. We have friends renting in Wakerly but it's a bit out of the way for us. Only have one car so need to be close to school for the kids and walking distance to train station (and pub for hubby!).

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks for that. Yeah, a mixed bag of comments though I felt that more people rated them than criticised (bloody American spell checker tried to suggest I spell last word with a 'z'...Hmpffff!) them.

The homes seem fabulous and I think the style and design is probably the best I've seen.

The only annoying factor about this while thing is that the land is $271,000 whereas the bloody house will come in at around $200,000.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 8:05 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Thanks for that. Yeah, a mixed bag of comments though I felt that more people rated them than criticised (bloody American spell checker tried to suggest I spell last word with a 'z'...Hmpffff!) them.

The homes seem fabulous and I think the style and design is probably the best I've seen.

The only annoying factor about this while thing is that the land is $271,000 whereas the bloody house will come in at around $200,000.

Ikes...bit more than we can manage...we're looking more like having a tent and portaloo!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Hi
We are hoping to head to Brisbane summer 07.
Going for a reccie in march so will probably have a better idea of where we want to live then. We will probably base our decision around school catchments - sad or what!! Would like to live bayside but don't have unlimited funds!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
Were also looking at Brisbane not sure which suburbs yet.
Hoping for a reccie around april time , had e-mail from Local clearing office today to say our extra report on son has arrived and medicals are being assessed as we speak. So you never know we might just bite the bullet and go to get away from this dreaded Scottish winter.

Hi Scotschick , have to catch up in For far soon, I owe you lunch.

Sharon
Old Oct 26th 2006, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharon45
Hi,
Were also looking at Brisbane not sure which suburbs yet.
Hoping for a reccie around april time , had e-mail from Local clearing office today to say our extra report on son has arrived and medicals are being assessed as we speak. So you never know we might just bite the bullet and go to get away from this dreaded Scottish winter.

Hi Scotschick , have to catch up in For far soon, I owe you lunch.

Sharon
Hi Sharon

That would be great. PM me and we can get something sorted.

Are you coming to the meet on 4 November?

Jacqui
Old Oct 26th 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in brisbane.... been here since escaping from Edinburgh in January. currently living in Woolloongabba but heading down the gold coast at the end of the year.

I'm a scabby student... no work for me!!!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:33 pm
Banned

denver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to beholddenver is a splendid one to behold

Very nice choice of house.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi
We land in Brisbane 9th November and our first two weeks will be spent in the gold coast. we were looking at a place called sinnamon park as the rentals looked o.k. and good value however our relative have said that area is a bit out of the way and near a place called Darra which has a bad name so we are back to our original plan of looking at Mount gravatt, Mansfield etc

Billy & Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.