scots

Old Sep 14th 2008, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough
Default scots

just wondered if any scottish people in western suburbs of queensland
Old Sep 14th 2008, 3:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: scots

Originally Posted by mollyflanders
just wondered if any scottish people in western suburbs of queensland
Do you mean Queensland or Brisbane?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

mollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the roughmollyflanders is a jewel in the rough

brisbane sorry
Old Sep 15th 2008, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

We are in Wello point.... where about are you from? must admit i have heard there is heaps of scots out here, i still have not heard any scottish accents anywhere...

Cheers
Suzanne
Old Sep 15th 2008, 1:16 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by svinnes
We are in Wello point.... where about are you from? must admit i have heard there is heaps of scots out here, i still have not heard any scottish accents anywhere...

Cheers
Suzanne
I wonder if you don't pick them up as you are Scottish? I hear almost nothing else in Bayside! More Scots and Northerners than Aussies - but then I don't hear many southern accents but possibly they don't stand out for me! Loads of highland gatherings, pipe bands etc - you could give them ago!