Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scotland meet - anyone up for it ?

Scotland meet - anyone up for it ?

Old May 25th 2005, 12:49 pm
OZ in Sep -HOme at last

macnet1 will become famous soon enough
Default Scotland meet - anyone up for it ?

Just testing the water here, but any folk hoping to go to OZ who are in Scotland wana meet up.
Were off to Sydney in September after getting our PR through, and thought that we might share our experiences with other folk. We spent 2 years in OZ as well and this time were going back for good.

Were in Edinburgh, happy to travel..

Cheers
Mark
Old May 25th 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Scotland meet - anyone up for it ?

Originally Posted by macnet1
Just testing the water here, but any folk hoping to go to OZ who are in Scotland wana meet up.
Were off to Sydney in September after getting our PR through, and thought that we might share our experiences with other folk. We spent 2 years in OZ as well and this time were going back for good.

Were in Edinburgh, happy to travel..

Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark, Do you know im sitting here thinking to myself, there is a lot from Scotland I think Glasgow area off to Australia in the next couple of months.
We are off in August but a night out sounds good its just to decide on a place and date. will keep watching to see.
Carole
Old May 25th 2005, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Judes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really niceJudes2308 is just really nice

We're in Aberdeen, but would be willing to travel to the central belt if the meet fitted in with when husband was home.

Moving to Geelong, Melbourne in October.

Judy
Old May 25th 2005, 1:06 pm
OZ in Sep -HOme at last

Gosh, that was quick...cool will keep tis post going then and see what we come up with
Old May 25th 2005, 1:54 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, that was quick...cool will keep tis post going then and see what we come up with

My partner and I would be interested. We are in Glasgow.
Jim
Old May 25th 2005, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

micky will become famous soon enoughmicky will become famous soon enough

Hi Mark,
there's a meet up in edinburgh on Sunday 5th June at Brewsters, Newhaven Quay, Edinburgh at 12.30pm.
If you go onto www.aussiemove.com
and click on the discussion button (top right hand corner) you will find the details about the meet up.
I did try to copy & paste for you . Wouldn't work
We cant go cos Michaels working.

We're up for a meet - just need to know where and when.

Shona x
Old May 25th 2005, 2:17 pm
OZ in Sep -HOme at last

Thanks Shona,
Will try and get to that one..
Think that something more central for folk would be good as well.

Cheers
Mark

Originally Posted by micky
Hi Mark,
there's a meet up in edinburgh on Sunday 5th June at Brewsters, Newhaven Quay, Edinburgh at 12.30pm.
If you go onto www.aussiemove.com
and click on the discussion button (top right hand corner) you will find the details about the meet up.
I did try to copy & paste for you . Wouldn't work
We cant go cos Michaels working.

We're up for a meet - just need to know where and when.

Shona x
Old May 25th 2005, 2:35 pm
Scottish and a Mum

Scottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant futureScottishmum has a brilliant future

Hi Folks,

This is my first post on here as I've been browsing for a while now.

We're in Clydebank, would be delighted to have a meet up!

Just starting to gather information for TRA application and finding out cost of living expenses etc.

Love

Catherine x
Old May 25th 2005, 4:20 pm
OZ in Sep -HOme at last

I think this looks to be a good start to the Scottish meet, however there is already a meet taking place on Sunday 5th June at Brewsters, Newhaven Quay, Edinburgh at 12.30pm (started from another forum asked If I can pop along)

It's short notice to some folk and not central for those further afield so we can at least see what can happen from here. There are a few people interested already and I'm happy to set something up after the Edinburgh meeting.

I'll keep this post going to see what we get.

Cheers
Mark

Last edited by macnet1; May 25th 2005 at 4:23 pm.
Old May 25th 2005, 7:11 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

I think this looks to be a good start to the Scottish meet, however there is already a meet taking place on Sunday 5th June at Brewsters, Newhaven Quay, Edinburgh at 12.30pm (started from another forum asked If I can pop along)

It's short notice to some folk and not central for those further afield so we can at least see what can happen from here. There are a few people interested already and I'm happy to set something up after the Edinburgh meeting.

Cheers
Mark
We would be interested too, Mark. Depending on shifts/work etc. We're in Perth so pretty central. We'll keep a watch on the thread. Can't make the 5th June one but let us know how it goes

Carolyn
Old May 25th 2005, 7:12 pm
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NAC
We would be interested too, Mark. Depending on shifts/work etc. We're in Perth so pretty central. We'll keep a watch on the thread. Can't make the 5th June one but let us know how it goes

Carolyn
Somewhere with a children's play area would be good
Old May 25th 2005, 7:20 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NAC
Somewhere with a children's play area would be good

Is the play area for when us guys get bored?
Old May 25th 2005, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

JoyH is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Catherine

Spotted your post on the site, my first post here too. I note that you are in Clydebank - we are in Erskine!

Where are you planning to go in Oz? Do you have your Visa or are you in the 'applying stage'? We are going in July for a visit to Brisbane - all being well we will go permanantly in early January.

Had seen the arranged meet in Edinburgh but can't make that one. Would be great if there was something similar nearer Glasgow.

Joyce

Originally Posted by Scottishmum
Hi Folks,

This is my first post on here as I've been browsing for a while now.

We're in Clydebank, would be delighted to have a meet up!

Just starting to gather information for TRA application and finding out cost of living expenses etc.

Love

Catherine x
Old May 25th 2005, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Cheers
Mark
Hi
I think it sounds like a great idea, seem to be quite a few Scots heading for Oz!
Unfortunately can't make 5th June as I am going to the Appleby Horse Fair!!
I'm in Fife...Dalgety Bay.. so quite central.
Alison
Old May 25th 2005, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

caroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura aboutcaroledouglas has a spectacular aura about

I think a night in Glasgow sounds good. Central for a lot of people. There is quite a few down in Ayrshire heading out soon so im sure if it was in Glasgow there would be a few more. But we are up for anything, Edinburgh just a little too far.
Carole

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.