Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scotch Guy Looking For Female/male Travel Buddies Or Websites

Scotch Guy Looking For Female/male Travel Buddies Or Websites

Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Scotch Guy Looking For Female/male Travel Buddies Or Websites

I am here on a working holiday visa and need to know is there any good websites out there where i can leave a message so other travelers like myself can contact and maybe meet up.

I have been here near 3 weeks now and im not sure if to just wait and take it as it goes or look for travel buddies etc.

I am looking for female/male travel buddies and hopefully meet some people and make good friends etc and travel oz, im here alone and staying with relatives right now but need to be getting away soon as i am getting rather bored being here with them.

I have my own car now and plan maybe to go up north say queensland and sydney and check them both out and some company and petrol money etc would cool.

I dont know when i am planning on going there as i am thinking of maybe finding some work here first get some money together and then go up north am just not sure.

anyway if anyone can help me out here that would be cool, i was told the best place to meet folk like myself was in hostels,maybe thats what i need to do but i am looking around first for some websites.
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:52 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

well, if you were a real scotsman you would know that we never describe ourselves as "scotch" cos that the drink otherwise known as whisky !! Do you mean scots ????

Regards
Chris
Old Feb 22nd 2004, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
well, if you were a real scotsman you would know that we never describe ourselves as "scotch" cos that the drink otherwise known as whisky !! Do you mean scots ????

Regards
Chris
Yes i did mean scotsman not scotch what was i taking about must be that beer i had over the weekend.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 6:56 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brian,

Check this out: http://www.tntmagazine.com/au/
or more specifically: http://www.tntmagazine.com/au/commun...ID=80&slDays=3

It's actually where I was given the link for this site, oh so long ago!
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

scottm is an unknown quantity at this point

I think this is what you might be looking for

http://www.galta.com.au/

scottm
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

sydneybound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scotch Guy Looking For Female/male Travel Buddies Or Websites

Originally posted by brian.w
I am here on a working holiday visa and need to know is there any good websites out there where i can leave a message so other travelers like myself can contact and maybe meet up.

I have been here near 3 weeks now and im not sure if to just wait and take it as it goes or look for travel buddies etc.

I am looking for female/male travel buddies and hopefully meet some people and make good friends etc and travel oz, im here alone and staying with relatives right now but need to be getting away soon as i am getting rather bored being here with them.

I have my own car now and plan maybe to go up north say queensland and sydney and check them both out and some company and petrol money etc would cool.

I dont know when i am planning on going there as i am thinking of maybe finding some work here first get some money together and then go up north am just not sure.

anyway if anyone can help me out here that would be cool, i was told the best place to meet folk like myself was in hostels,maybe thats what i need to do but i am looking around first for some websites.
How old are you ??? If you are anywhere from teens -> early 30s then you should stay in BACKPACKER places, and get the Cheezy busses around australia (Oz experience, magic bus etc.. etc..). They lay on loads of social events whereby you can meat a load of people, from here I'm sure you find some buddies to travel with. I backpacked all reound oz last year met loads of people.

If you are staying in hotels and hiring cars to get about, you are not going to meet anyone and will have a VERY lonely time of it.

Where are you at the moment ? Some backpacker places are crap (esp a few in Melbourne n Sydney we went to), but the majority of the ones in west or east coast are really social and full of people looking to make buddies / have fun.

Good luck

Rob