Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Scossies are becoming Aussies on Australia Day!

The Scossies are becoming Aussies on Australia Day!

Old Dec 23rd 2005, 11:56 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile The Scossies are becoming Aussies on Australia Day!

Gillian and I have got our Australian Citizenship ceremony at 7.30am on Australia Day.

It's an open air ceremony on the South Perth foreshore of The Swan River.
Fantastic views of the City etc.

The foreshore is a HUGE park and really early on Oz Day it starts to fill up with people with picnics & beer. They stay all day for the fireworks at night.
By the time the fireworks start, there are about 450,000 people in the park!!

That's the reason the ceremony is so early!

Suits me fine cos Gillian & I live only about 2 min's walk from the park/river (as Bordy will testify), so it'll be:

Get up early...
Nip down to the park/river & become Australian...
Back home in no time...
Mates all come round to our place for furious drinking & BBQ...
Then in late afternoon, all troop back down to the park with eskys etc. for the fireworks...

When they play the Australian National Anthem at the start of the fireworks, we'll be able to sing it for the first time as real Aussie Citizens!

Waaaay!!! Can't wait...

Last edited by Scossie; Dec 23rd 2005 at 11:59 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 11:58 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Scossies are becoming Aussies on Australia Day!

Originally Posted by Scossie
Gillian and I have got our Australian Citizenship ceremony at 7.30am on Australia Day.

The foreshore is a HUGE park and really early on Oz Day it starts to fill up with people with picnics & beer. They stay all day for the fireworks at night.

Suits me fine cos Gillian & I live only about 2 min's walk from the park/river (as Bordy will testify), so it'll be:

Get up early...
Back home in no time...
Then in late afternoon, all troop back down to the park with eskys etc. for the fireworks...

When they play the Australian National anthem at the start of the fireworks, we'll be able to sing it for the first time as real Aussie Citizens!

Waaaay!!! Can't wait...
Congratulations! Sounds great!
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 11:59 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Get up early...
Back home in no time...

When they play the Australian National anthem at the start of the fireworks, we'll be able to sing it for the first time as real Aussie Citizens!

Waaaay!!! Can't wait...

Congratulations John and gillian, here's to many happy years as an Aussie............

after all it's got to be better than being a jock
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:01 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Congratulations John and gillian, here's to many happy years as an Aussie............
after all it's got to be better than being a jock
Cheeky bugger..!!
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Get up early...
Back home in no time...

When they play the Australian National Anthem at the start of the fireworks, we'll be able to sing it for the first time as real Aussie Citizens!

Waaaay!!! Can't wait...
Sounds wonderful, have a great day
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Get up early...
Back home in no time...

Waaaay!!! Can't wait...

Fab news for you guys. Enjoy

Cheers

Ginny
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's brilliant guys. It has to be a really special occasion to get the Australia Day slot. Any day is good but more meaning on the main day.

Have a fab time and don't forget to post the piccies.

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Cheeky bugger..!!
Sorry mate you just cast that bait right in front of me

But seriously congrats
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:20 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Sorry mate you just cast that bait right in front of me

But seriously congrats
Cheers mate..

I've gotta give a good as I get though....... so.....

I hope you realise that the best thing ever to come out of England is of course.....

The road to Scotland...!!
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:24 pm

Cheers mate..

I hope you realise that the best thing ever to come out of England is of course.....
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:29 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Cheers mate..

congrats scossie

Yeah, think God was having a larf, he gave us a great country, great people, gorgeous scenery, but took the piss when it came to the neighbours

congrats scossie, have a great day
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:29 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Fandabidozie...
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:30 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one, Congratulations and enjoy life as Ausiuies
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Nice one, Congratulations and enjoy life as Ausiuies
As what
Old Dec 23rd 2005, 12:38 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

As what
Yeah,
That's what I was thinking?

Cheers anyway Rich and Angie...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.