Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

scissors and sue2 on the gold coast

scissors and sue2 on the gold coast

Old Nov 16th 2004, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default scissors and sue2 on the gold coast

Hi guys,thanks for all your input in helping me make up my mind whether to choose the gold coast or bayside for my destination in oz.I had an overwhelming amount of pms,i didnt realise there would be so much interest in the subject,and if i forgot to answer anybody please forgive me.

Our medicals arrived at there destination,finally, yesterday,thanks royal snail for taking 4 long weeks to deliver an envelope that should have only took a week,and yes it was sent international registered post, but for those of you that think, as we did ,
that this meant it could be tracked right up until it was signed for at its destination, youd be wrong you can only track it until it reaches the country of destination after that it could be anywhere,needless to say we wont do that again in future it will be a courier we use.

Anyway,myself and hubby(gsb),and sue and chris, and a few others that were converted along the way,want to explore the possibility of living somwhere near the gold coast on one of its suburbs,and would be grateful for any help that any of you guys could give us.

We want to be far enough away not to be in the thick of things, but near enough to get to them if we want them.Not to far from a beach would be good,kerry wants to take up surfing,but a beach close by that is more suitable for swimming and younger children might be a good idea also,is that possible?Schools and shops,and a railway station need to be close by.

So far ive looked at

Ashmore,this looks very nice about 10mins drive from the surfers paradise,so im told(thanks claire) not to far away for mums taxi service(if you know what i mean), and also not to far for kerry to get the bus down to the beach if she wants to.
Helensvale,also looks nice about 24 km away,so a bit further out, but looks a nice area,houses are not to badly priced.
Burliegh waters looks lovely as does varsity lakes.(thanks penny and debs for your help)
Robina looks nice but looks like it might be a bit pricey.

Cant seem to find much info on labrador,moledinar,carrarra,southbank,and im sure theres lots more
i ll think of before long.

please correct me if im wrong,just surfing the net to find out this info, cant do much more until i get my book on the gold coast,but if anyone has any info you think might be of help to us we would be very grateful.
Also if anyone wants to ask any questions of there own,ask away it may well be something i havent thought of,im sure sue will think of some that i havent.

Battle of the sexes is still going on,whos best to go on the exploration trip,around march time,the men or the women?Well i think us women will probably look at the area in more detail and maybe have a better idea of what to look for, on the other hand the men could probably look for work(and lets get our priorities right,if the men get jobs, us women can sit back and enjoy our glass of wine by the pool aaahhhh)just daydreaming there!

If anyone has any websites they think might be of interest please let us know,here some i found of interst.

www.maxlink.com.au/bcl/ has lots of info on it
realeastate.com.au
coastalhomes.com.au
www.centralparkapartments.com.au
www.goldcoast-realestate.com/

anyones input would be gratefully recieved.

tracey.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: scissors and sue2 on the gold coast

a couple more sites ive just found might be of interest.

www.about-australia.com/about.htm-13KB
www.ourbrisbane.com

tracey.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

These have useful info

http://www.ljhooker.com.au/agent/fin...=qld&rgcode=29
http://www.reflections.com.au/GoldCoast/
http://www.bcl.com.au/goldcoast/schools.htm
http://www.reiq.com.au/buySellRent/community.asp
http://jp.transinfo.qld.gov.au/
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Blimey penny,youve been busy,its gonna take me a while to check all those out, thanks hun.

tracey.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
Blimey penny,youve been busy,its gonna take me a while to check all those out, thanks hun.

tracey.
Got more but I need to check them to see if they are worth passing on. Have bookmarked loads of good info as well as crap
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Moneypen these are great will have a good look later.

Hi Tracey

I think you`ve covered everything still dont know who will be going out in March will have a look at flights later, if anyone can recommend anyone?

For us its myself, Chris and our two childeren Morgan 7 & Cameron 5, we would like to live near to the coast & somewhere not too quiet. When we look to buy a house its got to be a new build, no more DIY!

As Tracey said any info would be great

Thanks Sue
Old Nov 16th 2004, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi sue, ive been having trouble getting onto this site today, you said you couldnt get on yesterday didnt you, wonder whats going on?

thanks penny, your a star.

tracey.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 4:27 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

This is great!

We will have to organise nights out, etc!!!!! LOL

I just cannot wait!!!!!
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: scissors and sue2 on the gold coast

Hi guys,thanks for all your input in helping me make up my mind whether to choose the gold coast or bayside for my destination in oz.I had an overwhelming amount of pms,i didnt realise there would be so much interest in the subject,and if i forgot to answer anybody please forgive me.

Our medicals arrived at there destination,finally, yesterday,thanks royal snail for taking 4 long weeks to deliver an envelope that should have only took a week,and yes it was sent international registered post, but for those of you that think, as we did ,
that this meant it could be tracked right up until it was signed for at its destination, youd be wrong you can only track it until it reaches the country of destination after that it could be anywhere,needless to say we wont do that again in future it will be a courier we use.

Anyway,myself and hubby(gsb),and sue and chris, and a few others that were converted along the way,want to explore the possibility of living somwhere near the gold coast on one of its suburbs,and would be grateful for any help that any of you guys could give us.

We want to be far enough away not to be in the thick of things, but near enough to get to them if we want them.Not to far from a beach would be good,kerry wants to take up surfing,but a beach close by that is more suitable for swimming and younger children might be a good idea also,is that possible?Schools and shops,and a railway station need to be close by.

So far ive looked at

Ashmore,this looks very nice about 10mins drive from the surfers paradise,so im told(thanks claire) not to far away for mums taxi service(if you know what i mean), and also not to far for kerry to get the bus down to the beach if she wants to.
Helensvale,also looks nice about 24 km away,so a bit further out, but looks a nice area,houses are not to badly priced.
Burliegh waters looks lovely as does varsity lakes.(thanks penny and debs for your help)

Cant seem to find much info on labrador,moledinar,carrarra,southbank,and im sure theres lots more

please correct me if im wrong,just surfing the net to find out this info, cant do much more until i get my book on the gold coast,but if anyone has any info you think might be of help to us we would be very grateful.
Also if anyone wants to ask any questions of there own,ask away it may well be something i havent thought of,im sure sue will think of some that i havent.

Battle of the sexes is still going on,whos best to go on the exploration trip,around march time,the men or the women?Well i think us women will probably look at the area in more detail and maybe have a better idea of what to look for, on the other hand the men could probably look for work(and lets get our priorities right,if the men get jobs, us women can sit back and enjoy our glass of wine by the pool aaahhhh)just daydreaming there!

If anyone has any websites they think might be of interest please let us know,here some i found of interst.

realeastate.com.au
coastalhomes.com.au

tracey.
Hi Tracy,
If you can why not try and get a hold of This book , it really is an excellent source of info on the gold coast, and it is wrtitten by an expat as well.
We got a copy while we were over there in May, so I don't know whether it is available over here?

Here are a few other links:

A radio station
Local Newspaper
Touristry things
Broadbeach
Surfers
Gold Coast News
General Stuff
Local Council Site

You cant say I haven't been busy researching on t'internet.

Cheers
D
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
This is great!

We will have to organise nights out, etc!!!!! LOL

I just cannot wait!!!!!

Hi

I cant wait too!! how are things going for you? we are waiting for our med & p.check request.

We was thinking of Bayside area, but want to look at other areas also. Chris or myself + hope Tracey or Gary are gonna be going out in March to have a look around for work, areas & schools, so we need as much info and advise that we can get
We could also arrange a meet if anyone is up for it in Brissie when they are out there.

Sooooo want to get out there!!!! come on meds

Sue
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:15 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi D

Thanks for the hyperlinks, very much apprecisted. As for the book, yeah Tracey had been shown that by someone else, but againg thanks for taking the time to pass the info on. FWIW, we have been in contact with the author and she says that a new, more up to date copy is currently at the printers, so we will be getting a copy of that when it is available.

Cheers, Gary

Originally Posted by Dicko
Hi Tracy,
If you can why not try and get a hold of This book , it really is an excellent source of info on the gold coast, and it is wrtitten by an expat as well.
We got a copy while we were over there in May, so I don't know whether it is available over here?

Here are a few other links:

A radio station
Local Newspaper
Touristry things
Broadbeach
Surfers
Gold Coast News
General Stuff
Local Council Site

You cant say I haven't been busy researching on t'internet.

Cheers
D
Old Nov 16th 2004, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

So far ive looked at

realeastate.com.au
coastalhomes.com.au

tracey.
Tracey
Depends what you can afford. If you are rolling in it you could buy a home in Hedges Avenue, Mermaid Beach
Burleigh is a lovely area and is right near the beach.

I myself love the Miami/Nobbys area.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

So far ive looked at

realeastate.com.au
coastalhomes.com.au

tracey.
By the way have a look at this
http://www.goldcoastcity.com.au/t_apps.asp?pid=3397
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi debs, definately not rolling in it, limited funds,yes burliegh looks nice from what i can see,good website by the way,i ll have a really good look at that later, until they print the new book, living on the gold coast,im just surfing the net to see what i can find out,so i can feel lots of questions coming on.

tracey.
Originally Posted by debsy
Tracey
Depends what you can, If you are rolling in it you could buy a home in Hedges Avenue, Mermaid Beach
Burleigh is a lovely area and is right near the beach.

I myself love the Miami/Nobbys area.
Old Nov 17th 2004, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hi Sissors...

Hard choise hey? Well i lived on the gold coast for over a year so i though i participate to this thread I know the gold coast pretty well, from burleigh to helensvale so dont hesitate if you have any questions. You were talking about labrador in one of your posts... i would definitly recommend it. its on the broadwater, very close to southport and its shops, close to the freeway as well, very green too. i found it very relaxing there. I have added a little map so you can better see its location if you dont already know! I dont think its too pricey, my friend lives in Biggera waters which is just next to it and its very affordable!

Hope it helps!

fabie
Attached Thumbnails scissors and sue2 on the gold coast-labrador.gif  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.