Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools in Townsville, QLD

Schools in Townsville, QLD

Old May 13th 2008, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

John_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud ofJohn_R has much to be proud of
Default Schools in Townsville, QLD

Hi
I was hoping those of you who have lived or are living in Townsville could recommend any schools. I'm still living in the UK but I'm hoping to get the process at least started before we fly out. My daughter is 10 yrs (11 in Jan 09) and my son is 12. I have been in touch with Townsville Grammar School
who say I cant start applying online. So any thoughts/views on this school or any other will be very appreciated.
Thank you

John
Old May 13th 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Schools in Townsville, QLD

cant help with that particular school i'm afraid.
it all depends on whether your kids are athletic or academic or neither, seemingly Pimlico concentrates on those with academic ability, i think they also promote their musical side, i have heard Kirwan High is very sporty and as for my 17yr old who is neither but wanted to complete year 12 on a vocational level we have found Heatley to be very good.
its best to wait till you get here, find out where you will be staying and visit the local high schools to see which is best for your own.
good luck with it all, when do you arrive in Townsville?