Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

schools in sydney.

schools in sydney.

Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:48 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default schools in sydney.

I would like to start research on schools but don't really know where to start. I have browsed a few posts but not found what i am looking for yet.
We have two girls that will be 13 & 10 when we move over to Oz at the moment they are in year 8 & 5.
We will probably be looking at the Hills district with Baulkham hills and Castle hill being the favs at the moment. Does anyone have any web sites that I could have a look at or have any children around the same age as mine and have information on their schools.
What information do you need from child's school to show new school. I feel like I haven't looked into this part as much as I should.
Any help any one can offer would be appreciated.
Thank-you
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of
Default Re: schools in sydney.

Hi Lisa

Happy to help- I have 3 children, 13,11 and 8 and live here in the beautiful Hills District. Here are a few sites that have links to the local schools, of all types. Happy reading!

www.hillsweb.com.au - local site for hills area only

www.australianschoolsdirectory.com.au - this site is nice and easy to use and lists all the private and church schools (mainly catholic) as well as the public ones. Just type in the suburbs you're interested in, though don't forget to include the surrounding ones for B/Hills and C/Hill.
Then google the ones you're interested in to find out more, if they don't provide a weblink.

FYI- my children attend St Michaels primary and the catholic co-ed Secondary Gilroy College and I've been happy with both. Also having been a teacher myself in a previous life, I've found both schools to be of a high standard. There are many private and public schools in the area, however, so you need to decide which way you're going and then create a shortlist. Feel free to ask me any more questions
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:47 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jacque
Hi Lisa

Happy to help- I have 3 children, 13,11 and 8 and live here in the beautiful Hills District. Here are a few sites that have links to the local schools, of all types. Happy reading!

www.hillsweb.com.au - local site for hills area only

www.australianschoolsdirectory.com.au - this site is nice and easy to use and lists all the private and church schools (mainly catholic) as well as the public ones. Just type in the suburbs you're interested in, though don't forget to include the surrounding ones for B/Hills and C/Hill.
Then google the ones you're interested in to find out more, if they don't provide a weblink.

FYI- my children attend St Michaels primary and the catholic co-ed Secondary Gilroy College and I've been happy with both. Also having been a teacher myself in a previous life, I've found both schools to be of a high standard. There are many private and public schools in the area, however, so you need to decide which way you're going and then create a shortlist. Feel free to ask me any more questions
Thanks for your help Jacque I shall be looking at these later.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: UK 2 Singapore 2 Sydney 2 Brisbane.....here to stay!
Rudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond reputeRudi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaD_uk
I would like to start research on schools but don't really know where to start. I have browsed a few posts but not found what i am looking for yet.
We have two girls that will be 13 & 10 when we move over to Oz at the moment they are in year 8 & 5.
We will probably be looking at the Hills district with Baulkham hills and Castle hill being the favs at the moment. Does anyone have any web sites that I could have a look at or have any children around the same age as mine and have information on their schools.
What information do you need from child's school to show new school. I feel like I haven't looked into this part as much as I should.
Any help any one can offer would be appreciated.
Thank-you
Hi Lisa

I can't help so much with high schools, but I have a 10 year old daughter in year 5 at Glenhaven Public School. It's a great school!!!! She's been really happy there - as are my other two children.

If you want any more specific info then pls PM me.

Rudi
x