Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools on Sunshine Coast?

Schools on Sunshine Coast?

Old May 18th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice
Question Schools on Sunshine Coast?

We are looking at coming over next year on a student visa. We have 2 boys ages 8 & 10 yrs old. I need to look at schools for that area but unfotunately need to pay their school fees of $8k each per year!

I have read that catholic schools are much cheaper? Is this correct, if so do the children have to be catholic to attend? I know this seems a daft question but in the UK catholic schools have to take a certain nu,ber of non-cathloics. Is this the same in Oz?

Any links to Catholic schools would be great or any knowledge of this????

Thanks

Becky
Old May 18th 2008, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Famous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to beholdFamous 5 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Schools on Sunshine Coast?

Sorry that I can't help with specific advice on local Catholic schools as my children attend an Anglican school (where there is no requirement to be an Anglican), but you might find this a useful starting point:

http://www.bne.catholic.edu.au/asp/index.asp
Old May 19th 2008, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

ey up 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

The catholic schools are very good & as such tend to be over-subscribed, our boy goes to sienna catholic college & the classes are all full. You dont have to be a catholic but it is unlikely you would get past the interview stage if you were not.
Regards John
Old May 20th 2008, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

sklinky will become famous soon enough

Hi Becky,

I would suggest looking at www.qld.gov.au and then go to schools under the education & learning section. If you fill in your search criteria ( I would put in Sunshine Coast as your education region) You will find a queensland school directory with all of them listed and most of them have websites with grades etc. Sorry there are 257 of them so then it's just a case of going through them!!!!

Good luck and if you need any more help let me know!!!!!
Old May 20th 2008, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

sklinky will become famous soon enough

Hi there,
I would look at www qld.gov.au.Then at schools under education & learning section ,put in your geographic location for area and you will get a list of all of the schools in that area, most have websites so you can check out their grades.

Good luck and let me know if you need any other help
It's all worth it!!!!!
Old May 20th 2008, 3:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ey up 1
The catholic schools are very good & as such tend to be over-subscribed, our boy goes to sienna catholic college & the classes are all full. You dont have to be a catholic but it is unlikely you would get past the interview stage if you were not.
Regards John

My mates got one daughter in there, cant get the other one in , its that full. Plus they are regular churchgoers.

Matthew Flinders has a good reputation, anglican, basic fees depending on age are around the 8000 per child but plus all the extras like uniforms, fees, subject levies, music etc I cant see much change from more like 10,000.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Thanks everyone for your help. Looks like i'll have to trawl through all the listings and choose one ! We may even wait until we get there and look round with the boys so they have some say in it too!

What do you think, will we be all right to sort schools out when we actually get there?