Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools in Southport QLD - help please.

Schools in Southport QLD - help please.

Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Schools in Southport QLD - help please.

My friend Farideh has just moved up to the Gold Coast and has a choice of the following shools:

Primary - Ashmore, Belleview and Bonowa
High - Benowa, Southport, Ashmore and Keebra

Has anyone got any opinions on these schools please. She will be picking up the thread as soon as she can get an internet connection.

Thanks everyone
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Schools in Southport QLD - help please.

Originally Posted by Wendy
My friend Farideh has just moved up to the Gold Coast and has a choice of the following shools:

Primary - Ashmore, Belleview and Bonowa
High - Benowa, Southport, Ashmore and Keebra

Has anyone got any opinions on these schools please. She will be picking up the thread as soon as she can get an internet connection.

Thanks everyone
Not that I am much of an expert, but I have heard the Benowa High has quite good OP results and it is almost opoosite Benowa primary which might help with the School run.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Not that I am much of an expert, but I have heard the Benowa High has quite good OP results and it is almost opoosite Benowa primary which might help with the School run.

Thank you Debs
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Benowa High is better than Southport High. No idea about Ashmore or Keebra (in fact I've never heard of Keebra )

Primary, I don't think she can go wrong with any of them but Jane and Russ Middleton have their kids at Benowa and are happy with it. As Debs said, both Benowa Schools are close together.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:20 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

I've got some reports which detail the OP results of all Qld schools, but I'm not at work so will post them tomorrow. (Note, OP results are not the be all and end all of assessing schools - people need to find the right 'fit' and what's best for their children, not necessarily which school offers the best OP results.)

Incidentally I have a group of friends who all attended / graduated from these schools - they all turned out fine
Old Nov 21st 2007, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Benowa High is better than Southport High. No idea about Ashmore or Keebra (in fact I've never heard of Keebra )

Primary, I don't think she can go wrong with any of them but Jane and Russ Middleton have their kids at Benowa and are happy with it. As Debs said, both Benowa Schools are close together.

Originally Posted by ridds
I've got some reports which detail the OP results of all Qld schools, but I'm not at work so will post them tomorrow. (Note, OP results are not the be all and end all of assessing schools - people need to find the right 'fit' and what's best for their children, not necessarily which school offers the best OP results.)

Incidentally I have a group of friends who all attended / graduated from these schools - they all turned out fine

Thanks both of you.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

johnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to alljohnpod is a name known to all

Hi

I did a table comparing some of the high schools for results, fees if private and looked back over the last couple of years. Doesn't include all the schools you mentioned as only included those we felt were performing at level we were happy with. I know its not all about league tables and OP scores but when you are not local you don't have an awfull lot left to go on. We are tied between Pac Pines and Helensvale

File attached

Wish your friend good luck

Ali
Attached Files
File Type: xls
Gold coast schools.xls (17.5 KB, 99 views)
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by johnpod
Hi

I did a table comparing some of the high schools for results, fees if private and looked back over the last couple of years. Doesn't include all the schools you mentioned as only included those we felt were performing at level we were happy with. I know its not all about league tables and OP scores but when you are not local you don't have an awfull lot left to go on. We are tied between Pac Pines and Helensvale

File attached

Wish your friend good luck

Ali
Thanks Ali
Old Nov 21st 2007, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute

I could be wrong but i think Keebra was worst school for behaviour last year in Queensland.
HTH
Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Irish Aussie Teen
I could be wrong but i think Keebra was worst school for behaviour last year in Queensland.
HTH

I'm sure it will S, thanks
Old Nov 21st 2007, 9:45 pm
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Year 12 outcome files attached

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
year12outcomes-2006.pdf (420.3 KB, 155 views)
File Type: pdf
year12outcomes-2005.pdf (356.9 KB, 100 views)