Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools and smoking (what a mixture)

Schools and smoking (what a mixture)

Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Madster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schools and smoking (what a mixture)

Hi there, Bear with me if this is a little longer than i would have liked!!

New to all of this as we only sent of our initial paperwork last week, have however been reading on here regularly whilst builing up the courage to apply.

Anyhow please could someone enlighten me on two issues? If my daughter is born on the 25th March 2003? does that mean she would start school in Jan 2007? I myself grew up in Sweden where the whole system is completely different to the UK and the rest of the world so struggling to get my head round this! And secondly where could I get information on Victorias holidays?ie I need to know what holidays they get and when(before I break the news to my family) We will be in Melbourne!

Finally! Somebody shoot me for even thinking of smoking, thing is I am pregnant only 2 months to go(not that I am counting or anything) however I used to smoke but have packed up for both pregnancies and have promised not to start again once the little one is born. However if I realise that this just is not working how would my medical (ie x-ray) effect my application if I am a smoker?
Anyway thanks for your time! And good luck to all you applicant out there, 2006 is the year (I hope)
Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:51 am
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Schools and smoking (what a mixture)

Hi. Have a look at this link. It is from 2002, but I guess things have not changed since then.

http://cms.curriculum.edu.au/anr2002/ch2_structure.htm

Regarding your smoking habit, it is not a problem unless you have gotten a serious health problem due to smoking that will cost Australian because you need treatment.

Best Regard

Per Erik
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

2006 School holidays in all states:

http://www.travelmate.com.au/Interna...State=ShowItem

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Madster is an unknown quantity at this point

The links are great, thanks! Can not believe that the 15-26 March is classed as Bank holidays, I wish I lived over there already
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madster
The links are great, thanks! Can not believe that the 15-26 March is classed as Bank holidays, I wish I lived over there already
Special case - Commonwealth Games in Melbourne. I believe they shortened Term 1 (brought the school holidays forward to co-incide with the Games) and lengthened Term 2 as a consequence.

OzTennis