Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

schools in perth???

schools in perth???

Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

delboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default schools in perth???

please can someone give me some information on schools in and around perth if can ages between 6 to 11 thankyou
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/education.php
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

What do you want to know?
Loopy
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Loopy
What do you want to know?
Loopy
i would like to know what kind of stages children at 8 are ie,reading maths etc if they do computer studies, i ask this because i have read some where that the oz schools r not so well academically as uk . please inform me thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by karawara88
www.movingdownunder.co.uk/files/education.php
thanks karawara88 this site is exellant thankyou for your time in replying
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

My little boy is 8. So far I would say the education he was receiving in the UK was more advanced, but this is different, not necessarily better. I had to ask for harder reading books etc but now his teacher has assessed him she is finding ways to stretch him in lessons. He certainly has a more varied curriculum, cooking, dancing lessons etc., no computer studies as such. He brings home quite a bit of homework, reading every weeknight and suggestions of how he can be helped at home. He was certainly working at a higher level in the UK and has gone back to basics in some areas, will have to monitor the situation and see how it goes. Plus side, he's enjoying it, is not stressed about work whilst finding his feet & making friends.

Loopy
Old Jun 3rd 2003, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Loopy
My little boy is 8. So far I would say the education he was receiving in the UK was more advanced, but this is different, not necessarily better. I had to ask for harder reading books etc but now his teacher has assessed him she is finding ways to stretch him in lessons. He certainly has a more varied curriculum, cooking, dancing lessons etc., no computer studies as such. He brings home quite a bit of homework, reading every weeknight and suggestions of how he can be helped at home. He was certainly working at a higher level in the UK and has gone back to basics in some areas, will have to monitor the situation and see how it goes. Plus side, he's enjoying it, is not stressed about work whilst finding his feet & making friends.

Loopy
thanks loopy that gives me some idea, i also have a son age 8 and he is about average in his stages ,i think the most important thing is that your child is happy . He has a class of 36 children and finds it really hard to concentrate hope classes are smaller in perth thanks
Old Jun 4th 2003, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

My son is in a class of about 24, but he may just be lucky?

Loopy
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Berkshire, UK for now... flying to Brisbane 11th June!
Jane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura aboutJane and Jason has a spectacular aura about

Where abouts in Perth are you?
Old Jun 4th 2003, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hi
Our daughter is 10 and in year 6 ( was in year 5 in september in the UK, get here in the october and she is in yr 5 up till xmas ,when they went back in feb she moved upto yr 6 , so she has missed alot of yr 5 !!!!) She has settled in well , as said before is less stressed , loves going to school has a great social life . Right my daughter has just informed me that the reading books are very easy compared to the reading she did in the uk , maths she finds a little tough , but she was ahead in her class in the UK !! they do computer work , japenese lessons , she is finding that a little tough to , but sure she will get into it. Science is on the same level as UK , she is laughing now the headmaster has said to the boys today if they dont get their hair cut they will have to wear it up in a elastic band , she found it funny , not at all related to what i was saying. The school runs from yr 1 - yr7 , there is around 400 children at the school , there are about 28 in her class, which isnt bad.
I seem to be more involved here , they really enjoy school life and even the parents muck in , they have discos every other month , we have had trips out to a science place in perth ( sci tech ) the whole school and parents went to the movies to see Harry potter , they do so much , this friday we are off ( well the whole school ) to Whiteman park . So will go along and help again , they are having a sausage sizzle !!
Course all schools are different perhaps we have been lucky in this !!!
Joanne and Paul
Old Jun 5th 2003, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

We're in Mindarie, but looked at schools all over the northern suburbs. Can echo Joanne's comments, they do do a lot. My son is doing a fun run tomorrow with sausage sizzle afterwards. He is learning Italian by the way.

More concerned about my daughter in Year 7 as she is very academic & went to a Grammar school in the UK. Here she's been bringing home colouring in for homework! Going to see teacher to see what we can do about it! Only lesson she's finding challenging is Indonesian as she's never done it before.

Loopy