Schools - Gifted children - between Perth and Mandurah

Schools - Gifted children - between Perth and Mandurah

Old Mar 18th 2009, 1:01 pm
K14
Forum Regular

K14 will become famous soon enoughK14 will become famous soon enough
Default Schools - Gifted children - between Perth and Mandurah

Hello

We've been here for 6 months and our girls have found school very very easy here and are bored. They've now been assessed and and turns out they fall into the "gifted" category.

We are trying to get their school to give them more challenging work and I'm hoping that we'll be able to resolve it and not move them, but as a last resort are thinking of finding a school with better academic standards.

Can anyone recommend a primary school between Perth and Mandurah that might suit our girls?

Thanks guys
Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Schools - Gifted children - between Perth and Mandurah

Originally Posted by K14
Hello

We've been here for 6 months and our girls have found school very very easy here and are bored. They've now been assessed and and turns out they fall into the "gifted" category.

We are trying to get their school to give them more challenging work and I'm hoping that we'll be able to resolve it and not move them, but as a last resort are thinking of finding a school with better academic standards.

Can anyone recommend a primary school between Perth and Mandurah that might suit our girls?

Thanks guys
Hello my dear!
Was thinking....have you tried Frederick Irwin?
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K14
Hello

Thanks guys
You need to get your skates on real quick. I think the closing date for 'gifted and talented' education is March 20th(you have to register first) the exams I believe are in April. My son sat these exams and gained a place on the program. All the info is on www.det.wa.edu.au/education/gifttal or you can phone (08) 92645513. Good luck!!

oops just noticed you wanted primary schools, this is for high school (year 8 onwards) but it's worth giving them a ring and asking them if they have any advise.

Last edited by Streaks; Mar 18th 2009 at 10:07 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:09 am
K14
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Heljinder
Hello my dear!
Was thinking....have you tried Frederick Irwin?
Oh how many names have you got! Yes tried Frederick Irwin - miles long waiting list and unlikely to get a place.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:09 am
K14
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Streaks
You need to get your skates on real quick. I think the closing date for 'gifted and talented' education is March 20th(you have to register first) the exams I believe are in April. My son sat these exams and gained a place on the program. All the info is on www.det.wa.edu.au/education/gifttal or you can phone (08) 92645513. Good luck!!

oops just noticed you wanted primary schools, this is for high school (year 8 onwards) but it's worth giving them a ring and asking them if they have any advise.
Thanks that's a great idea I'll call them.