Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools in Brisbane - league tables?

Schools in Brisbane - league tables?

Old Mar 9th 2006, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice
Default Schools in Brisbane - league tables?

Is there anything like the British league tables to enable people to compare schools in Australia? I am trying to get my children enrolled in a school since it seems to be a fairly competitive process but how do I know which are the good ones?

Appreciate any advice!! We're planning to live somewhere in the Bayside area.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Schools in Brisbane - league tables?

Originally Posted by sid_s
Is there anything like the British league tables to enable people to compare schools in Australia? I am trying to get my children enrolled in a school since it seems to be a fairly competitive process but how do I know which are the good ones?

No tables as such. Which part of Brisbane Bayside are you looking at? The non-govt (fee paying) schools are considered 'best'.

WW
Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:01 pm
ABCDiamond

Mentioning the competitive process, I assume you are looking at Private schools, as they tend to have waiting lists ?

Which ones have you considered so far ?

Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

sid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nicesid_s is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Mentioning the competitive process, I assume you are looking at Private schools, as they tend to have waiting lists ?

Which ones have you considered so far ?
Yes I'm thinking private. We've looked at Ormiston - we have a relative who goes there - and I have actually put in applications but they seemed unsure about whether they would have a place for my eldest to start in 2009 (!) so I thought I should probably apply to more than one.

We expect to be living in Manly. It's likely my husband will be driving to work in Cleveland and me going to work in Brisbane on the train so thinking that anywhere around that area he would be able to drop and pick them up quite easily.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 11:27 pm
ABCDiamond

Yes I'm thinking private. We've looked at Ormiston - we have a relative who goes there - and I have actually put in applications but they seemed unsure about whether they would have a place for my eldest to start in 2009 (!) so I thought I should probably apply to more than one.

We expect to be living in Manly. It's likely my husband will be driving to work in Cleveland and me going to work in Brisbane on the train so thinking that anywhere around that area he would be able to drop and pick them up quite easily.
Ormiston College is Good, as is the similar priced Sheldon College, but both tend to have waiting lists.

Have a look at Sheldon College & Ormiston College comments.

There is also Moreton Bay Colleges in Manly West.

Old Mar 10th 2006, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Ormiston College is Good, as is the similar priced Sheldon College, but both tend to have waiting lists.

Have a look at Sheldon College & Ormiston College comments.

There is also Moreton Bay Colleges in Manly West.
Thanks for your help! I'll check out these two as well.