Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools - Australind WA

Schools - Australind WA

Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light
Default Schools - Australind WA

hi,

wonder if you can help?

we're validating in just over two weeks time and my OH has an interview lined up not far from bunbury.

until now, we have been doing all our research nearer the mandurah area.

does anyone know if the australind primary & high schools are good?
their web sites say they are, but they would!!!!

i've also looked into private schools, and can only find a private primary in the area.
is there a private high school, if not how far would we have to travel to the nearest?

all advice appreciated!
thanks
lisa
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:00 am
Just Joined

Wayne Field is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Schools - Australind WA

Hi Lisa

You're interested in schools in Australind Western Australia? I've had a fair bit to do with both Australind Primary and Australind High School and other private schools in the area. I volunteer to mentor students at APS and was President of the P&C committee there for two years among other things. I have a few friends with kids at Aust High School and other friends with kids in local private schools. What would you like to know?

Wayne

http://bunburywa.blogspot.com/
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

tayles will become famous soon enoughtayles will become famous soon enough

Hi Wayne & Lisa

Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread but I wouldn't mind some info on the schools in Australind.
We are hoping to move to Bunbury area in Oct this year and have noticed that there is 3 primary schools that come under Australind. Does it depend on whereabouts you live in Australind will determine which school you attend. Is one primary school better than the others and if so why? Do they encourage parent involvement etc. Does any of the schools have a reputation of bullying, lack of discipline etc.
What i am trying to say is could you give me the full run down warts and all
Also any info on Dallyellup PS. is there a high school also or where do pupils go after they finish PS?

Thanks
Erica
Old Sep 26th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

try PMing Daunted as her kids go to Australind High School
As far as I know all the primary schools are OK..havent heard anything bad about any of them
As for private high schools... there is a Christian school in Australind (Unity I think it's called, bad memory!) otherwise I believe there's the Lutheran school on Dalyellup or Bunbury Cathedral Grammar, but you're talking about an hour round trip from Australind to either of those.....
Old Sep 26th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tayles
Hi Wayne & Lisa

Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread but I wouldn't mind some info on the schools in Australind.
We are hoping to move to Bunbury area in Oct this year and have noticed that there is 3 primary schools that come under Australind. Does it depend on whereabouts you live in Australind will determine which school you attend. Is one primary school better than the others and if so why? Do they encourage parent involvement etc. Does any of the schools have a reputation of bullying, lack of discipline etc.
What i am trying to say is could you give me the full run down warts and all
Also any info on Dallyellup PS. is there a high school also or where do pupils go after they finish PS?

Thanks
Erica
hi erica,
no i dont mind u hijacking the thread, the more input the better

i am also looking into dalyellup, quite liking the look of it.
i have found out that they are building a high school there at the moment, which so i've read is due to open next year, i think the oldest kids to start there will be year 8, and then as the kids go up each year, that year will then be operational (dont know if i've explained myself very well? ) so there will be no children in year 9, until the following year 2010 when year 8 move up to year 9.

Originally Posted by Wayne Field
Hi Lisa

You're interested in schools in Australind Western Australia? I've had a fair bit to do with both Australind Primary and Australind High School and other private schools in the area. I volunteer to mentor students at APS and was President of the P&C committee there for two years among other things. I have a few friends with kids at Aust High School and other friends with kids in local private schools. What would you like to know?

Wayne

http://bunburywa.blogspot.com/
hi wayne,
thanks for your reply, i just really want to know if there was a private high school in austalind if i were to choose the private option. And also if the state schools had a good reputation.

Originally Posted by bridie
try PMing Daunted as her kids go to Australind High School
As far as I know all the primary schools are OK..havent heard anything bad about any of them
As for private high schools... there is a Christian school in Australind (Unity I think it's called, bad memory!) otherwise I believe there's the Lutheran school on Dalyellup or Bunbury Cathedral Grammar, but you're talking about an hour round trip from Australind to either of those.....

thanks for the info bridie, with you on the memory thing
do you happen to know if i'm right on the dalyellup senior high school? and do you know if its still scheduled for completion early next year?

thanks all
lisa
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:20 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lolylew

do you happen to know if i'm right on the dalyellup senior high school? and do you know if its still scheduled for completion early next year?

thanks all
lisa
Yes I believe there is a school planned but I have no idea when it will be complete.

AFAIK (and I have no kids) ASH does have good rep locally.