Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schools in or around Mudgeeraba Queensland

Schools in or around Mudgeeraba Queensland

Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:20 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Schools in or around Mudgeeraba Queensland

Hi there, were moving over from Perth to Queensland when our house is sold, does anyone have any veiws on the schools in or around Mudgeeraba (near Robina)? my daughters in year 2, shes 7.

Thanks in advance,

Dawn

Last edited by Dawn; Jul 30th 2008 at 9:49 am.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of
Default Re: Schools in or around Mudgeeraba Queensland

Our daughter is in yr 12 at Robina State high. Have found it better than the school she attended in the UK. She had a good choice of subjects and has coped well considering we moved her in year 11. There are a few good private schools around - Kings College or Marymount, or Somerset.
Good luck
Old Jul 30th 2008, 9:48 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sa2uk2oz
Our daughter is in yr 12 at Robina State high. Have found it better than the school she attended in the UK. She had a good choice of subjects and has coped well considering we moved her in year 11. There are a few good private schools around - Kings College or Marymount, or Somerset.
Good luck
ahh thanks, my daughters in year 2, would you know if there are any primary schools in Mudgeeraba, would need to be a state school not private, thanks again
Old Jul 30th 2008, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dawn
ahh thanks, my daughters in year 2, would you know if there are any primary schools in Mudgeeraba, would need to be a state school not private, thanks again
Clover Hill in Mudgeeraba is supposed to be a very good school.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

not sure about primary schools.. have you looked at the queensland education website? i believe Robina state primary has a good name?
good luck
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

neil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond reputeneil248 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Clover Hill in Mudgeeraba is supposed to be a very good school.
Hi,
Our daughter joined Clover Hill State School in Mudgeeraba in 2006 and has thrived there. It is a new school with excellent facilities for the children. Ironically our old address in Robina was in the catchment area where as our address in Mudgeeraba was not.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:23 am
Ready to go home!!!

Ginger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant futureGinger1002 has a brilliant future

Hi Dawn,

My son is 5 and goes to Mudgeeraba Creek State School. School is excellent and he is thriving well. His teacher is very highly regarded in the area and we are very pleased with how he is getting on. Clover Hill is also another one, equally as good. However for Clover Hill, you have to live within the catchment area, whereas Mudgee Creek, you do not.

HTH
Emma

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi there, were moving over from Perth to Queensland when our house is sold, does anyone have any veiws on the schools in or around Mudgeeraba (near Robina)? my daughters in year 2, shes 7.

Thanks in advance,

Dawn
Old Jul 31st 2008, 10:27 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Originally Posted by Ginger1002
Hi Dawn,

My son is 5 and goes to Mudgeeraba Creek State School. School is excellent and he is thriving well. His teacher is very highly regarded in the area and we are very pleased with how he is getting on. Clover Hill is also another one, equally as good. However for Clover Hill, you have to live within the catchment area, whereas Mudgee Creek, you do not.

HTH
Emma
ahh thanksl everyone for your replies im really pleased, just hope as soon as we sell our house we can get a rental there!!!
Old Oct 16th 2008, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Hi everyone,
We have just moved to robina and my 7 year old daughter starts At Clover Hill school tomorrow and it looks lovely and has a good name. We have been told we are lucky to be in the catchment as it is a good school so lets hope so eh!
One kid down one to go! Does anyone know a good pre school in this area?
Is there anyone one else around here that goes there and would like to meet up, social life needed soon!
Cheers for now Claire.xx
Old Oct 16th 2008, 6:44 am
semi-pom

semi-pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Hi everyone,
We have just moved to robina and my 7 year old daughter starts At Clover Hill school tomorrow and it looks lovely and has a good name. We have been told we are lucky to be in the catchment as it is a good school so lets hope so eh!
One kid down one to go! Does anyone know a good pre school in this area?
Is there anyone one else around here that goes there and would like to meet up, social life needed soon!
Cheers for now Claire.xx
Hi Claire,
Ah - reading this thread makes me wish I was back in Robina right now! However, just wanted to tell you that I can recommend Fuji International Kindergarten (pre-school) in Caulfield Street just off Markeri Street in Robina. I wouldnt think its too far from Clover Hill...possibly a 5 min drive as just off Robina Parkway.

My son went to this school for 1 year and absolutely loved it. He was in the toddler room and I cannot praise them more - my daughter attended for a month before we had to leave Oz and she adjusted so well (at 18 months) after trying so many other centres in that area. There may be waiting list but worth investigating as I was lucky to secure a place immediately. Back here in UK, my son still asks me daily to go back to kindy! :s
Good luck!
S-P

Last edited by semi-pom; Oct 16th 2008 at 6:45 am. Reason: not sure if we can post weblinks
Old Oct 18th 2008, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Thanks for the post, will check it out and let you know how we get on.
Claire.x