Schools?

Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice
Default Schools?

Am I the only person that is finding it really hard to get information on schools downunder. Not sure if I'm going the wrong way about it or what, but I'm finding information incredibly limited and it has quite a big impact on whether we go where we want to.

Any suggestions gladly received.

Denise
x
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:45 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools?

Where is it you are hoping to go Denise?

Lou
xx
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:45 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by denise6372
Am I the only person that is finding it really hard to get information on schools downunder. Not sure if I'm going the wrong way about it or what, but I'm finding information incredibly limited and it has quite a big impact on whether we go where we want to.

Any suggestions gladly received.

Denise
x
We came on a reccie first and checked out the schools in the areas we were interested in. If your not coming on a reccie then i would post a thread on areas you are interested in living in (if you know what areas you want) and people will tell you all about those schools in those areas.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

denise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nicedenise6372 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Weasy
Where is it you are hoping to go Denise?

Lou
xx
Hopefully Mandurah/Rockingham area but probably more inland like Serpentine/Jarrahdale. Idea is that we end up reasonably close to the sea but with more space around us for dog.

We're not coming out before we move because we have been on holiday 5 times and my family live out there. However, last time we came was Summer 2005 and we weren't thinking of moving at that time. Schools although quite a major thing kind of only just hit us!! Don't ask me how we missed it.

Cheers
Denise
x
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:06 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't help you there Denise but I found most of my info out by googling for school websites, emailing principles and then looking round when we got here.

I agree though that a thread on the lifestyle forum might help you.

Lou
xx

Hopefully Mandurah/Rockingham area but probably more inland like Serpentine/Jarrahdale. Idea is that we end up reasonably close to the sea but with more space around us for dog.

We're not coming out before we move because we have been on holiday 5 times and my family live out there. However, last time we came was Summer 2005 and we weren't thinking of moving at that time. Schools although quite a major thing kind of only just hit us!! Don't ask me how we missed it.

Cheers
Denise
x

Last edited by Weasy; Feb 19th 2007 at 11:14 am.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Weasy
Can't help you there Denise but I found most of my info out by gooling for school websites, emailing principles and then looking round when we got here.

I agree though that a thread on the lifestyle forum might help you.

Lou
xx
Thanks Lou, might just have to do that. i have googled but don't seem to come up with much! Might just be the way I word it.

Take care
Denise
x
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

This any good to you

http://www2.eddept.wa.edu.au/schoolprofile/home.do
Old Feb 19th 2007, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a few links for you

http://www.education.gov.au/goved/go

http://www.education.gov.au/goved/go/pid/16

http://www.det.wa.edu.au/education/S...choolsList.htm (them places are in WA aren't they )
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Cheers
Denise
x

Hello Denise,
Serpentine & Jarrahdale is in the Peel region.
We would also love to move to this region in Mandurah once we are granted the famous visa.
How do you rate the facilities there compared to the other cities or shires of the region. How easy is it to find jobs, houses etc..
For schools, i believe there is only a primary school in Serpentine. Try Atwell Primary School.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
You are both stars, but now I am seriously doubting my www capabilities. i couldn't find it!

I am investigating facilities, etc as we speak. Some of the reasons we wanted to live there is because of the beautiful countryside for walking the dog, close enough to the beach that you can pop down most days, not too far from Perth city, etc. We have been looking at houses on realestate.com.au and there are loads we would love one with an acre or two but we are going to rent in this area first just to check that the practical matches to the ideal. I have been on the Serpentine/jarrah shire council website and it is quite good actually, gives you loads of information re: registering dogs, recycling and stuff. They seem to be much better at informing people that we are.

Denise
x