Schools

Old May 13th 2004, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schools

We arrive in Brisbane in July but there are no places at the school we have chosen for our daughter until end of Jan 2005. Do I have to send her to another school? Or can I teach her from home? I am a bit worried about sending her to a temporary school, her getting settled and then moving her.
Help!
Old May 14th 2004, 12:12 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Schools

Originally posted by Gryff
We arrive in Brisbane in July but there are no places at the school we have chosen for our daughter until end of Jan 2005. Do I have to send her to another school? Or can I teach her from home? I am a bit worried about sending her to a temporary school, her getting settled and then moving her.
Help!
Same thing happened with our daughter, so she went to a state school for 6 months, but after waiting that amount time, and still being on awaiting list, we then decided on a different private school that took her immediately, Sheldon College, so she moved there.

She had no troubles in that experience, but she is only 7.

My opinion would be to do the same, if only to help her meeting new friends etc.

Old May 15th 2004, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Gryff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Schools

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Same thing happened with our daughter, so she went to a state school for 6 months, but after waiting that amount time, and still being on awaiting list, we then decided on a different private school that took her immediately, Sheldon College, so she moved there.

She had no troubles in that experience, but she is only 7.

My opinion would be to do the same, if only to help her meeting new friends etc.

Thanks for that....well we are quite committed to Moreton Bay College as our daughter (shes 10) has been emailing about 4 of the girls in her year...so she's so looking forward to meeting them and I think it makes the whole process of leaving her old friends a bit easier knowing she has new friends already. She's not keen on going to a temporary school but I guess we will be leagally bound to send her to one won't we? I keep hoping someone will leave so she can get in earlier...then problem solved!
Old May 17th 2004, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

as I understand it State Schools have to take children regardless of whether the school is full? Do they add a teacher when the class gets to a certain size. We arrive in Sydney in June and are hoping for places when term starts in July - but pointless chosing school now as dont know where were gonna live? Can we relax in the knowledge that whatever area we end up in there will be a school place for them?
Thanx for any advice
Old May 17th 2004, 9:58 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Rosie n family
Do they add a teacher when the class gets to a certain size.
The simple and short answer to that is - Yes