Old Nov 30th 2001, 1:20 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1
markrp is an unknown quantity at this point

I am traveling to Australia with my wife and two young children, Louise (8) & Lewis 3 we would like to know how we would go about putting our 8 Year old in to Public School for approx 6 Month...

Any ideas would be welcome..

Mark Pinchen
markrp is offline  
Old Dec 1st 2001, 3:04 am
Paul O'Brien
Posts: n/a

Mark, Provided you have the appropriate visa giving residency status there is no
problem. You simply trot up to your nearest state school (or any state school in
Queensland) and enrol Louise. The school year begins in late January or early
February in all states. Term holidays are around Easter; end of June; early September
- with the summer holidays stretching across December and January. If you do NOT have
residency then strictly speaking you are not supposed to enrol Louise in a state
school at all; BUT most principals would give her enrolment sympathetic
consideration. There are no compulsory fees for residents, though most schools have
various small annual 'voluntary levies' of the order of up to $200. Cheers Paul

Paul O'Brien [email protected]


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.