Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

It is Schoolies Time

It is Schoolies Time

Old Nov 17th 2003, 10:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default It is Schoolies Time

Now it is that wonderful time of year when kids finish their school and go to Surfers Paradise, get wrecked on mass, get pregnant, get into fights, puke up and pass out. God knows what the Japanese tourists on my flight will think of it.

Last year the lovely kids at the local private school got hammered and caused $500,000 worth of damage to cars and property at Bondi. Watch where you go over the next few weeks.
Old Nov 17th 2003, 10:43 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: It is Schoolies Time

Originally posted by bondipom
Now it is that wonderful time of year when kids finish their school and go to Surfers Paradise, get wrecked on mass, get pregnant, get into fights, puke up and pass out. God knows what the Japanese tourists on my flight will think of it.

Last year the lovely kids at the local private school got hammered and caused $500,000 worth of damage to cars and property at Bondi. Watch where you go over the next few weeks.
Here in Perth they all desend on Rottnest Island. I think they have been given certain areas to 'party' in and aren't allowed in the more popular bits. They cause a lot of damage apparently?
Old Nov 17th 2003, 10:56 pm

Originally posted by janeyray
Here in Perth they all desend on Rottnest Island. I think they have been given certain areas to 'party' in and aren't allowed in the more popular bits. They cause a lot of damage apparently?
Do they play quokka soccer?
Old Nov 17th 2003, 11:38 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Now it is that wonderful time of year when kids finish their school and go to Surfers Paradise, get wrecked on mass, get pregnant, get into fights, puke up and pass out.
Ahh, the good things in life... If only I were young again
Old Nov 17th 2003, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they play quokka soccer?
Just what I was wondering, I bet the little b******s do.

BTW I kept getting errors replying to your PM, you'll either have 2 or no replies, didn't want to fill your box with angry swearing about the errors (in case they were getting to you) so I just gave up!

In case you didn't get the messages: I was just saying that I will write a letter to the case officer, it should be worth a try. I'd hate to lose out on a uni offer because they're taking their time. To be honest I'm more worried about failing my STAT!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 12:26 am

Originally posted by renth
Ahh, the good things in life... If only I were young again
I would love to be IDd again. It hasn't happened for years now.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I would love to be IDd again. It hasn't happened for years now.
I got IDd at a strip club a few months ago (don't ask!) the bouncer looked at my licence at said "You're older than me!" I was 24!
Old Nov 18th 2003, 6:27 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

I still get regularly IDd in Brisbane and I'm 32! In fact I was out with a bunch of graduating students the other night (21yr olds), and I was the only one asked for ID.

Clearly not being sundamaged yet has its advantages

Originally posted by Nara
I got IDd at a strip club a few months ago (don't ask!) the bouncer looked at my licence at said "You're older than me!" I was 24!