school years

Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice
Default school years

Hi all, quick one here my kids were born 12 july 2000 and 7th august 2001. they are the youngest in their years here of year 3 and 4. Can anyone tell me what year they will go into when we arrive in perth in august?
Old Mar 21st 2009, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: school years

Grades 3 and 4, but they will be amongst the eldest as the cutoff date for birthdays in Perth is 30 June.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 11:08 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Grades 3 and 4, but they will be amongst the eldest as the cutoff date for birthdays in Perth is 30 June.
I disagree. It will be years 2 and 3. My daughter is July 2002 and is currently Year 1. They will be in 3 and 4 respectively from February 2010.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:01 am
ABCDiamond

WA School Starting ages:

Children born 1 July 2001 to 30 June 2002:
Begin kindergarten at the start of school year in Feb 2006
Begin pre-primary at the start of school year in Feb 2007
Begin Year 1 at the start of school year in Feb 2008
Begin Year 2 at the start of school year in Feb 2009
Children born 1 July 2000 to 30 June 2001:
Begin kindergarten at the start of school year in Feb 2005
Begin pre-primary at the start of school year in Feb 2006
Begin Year 1 at the start of school year in Feb 2007
Begin Year 2 at the start of school year in Feb 2008
Begin Year 3 at the start of school year in Feb 2009

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I disagree. It will be years 2 and 3. My daughter is July 2002 and is currently Year 1. They will be in 3 and 4 respectively from February 2010.
Yep, you're right grade 2 and 3 (twas late here and was reading it to be the kids to be one and two years older than my son, but actually one year older and the same age).

Having said that, my son is a July baby and went to a catholic school in Perth last year, having come from Queensland, and if he'd gone into the public system, he would have had to repeat year 1, but catholic system let him go into year 2. Some times private schools will made concessions if the kids just miss cut off dates and they don't want them to have to repeat.