School stuff.

Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default School stuff.

When we first arrived in OZ, we got a list from the schools our kids were attending, of things they needed. (state school)
The list was long. We went to Wooldridges and got all 3 of them everything that was on the list. The bill was very expensive to say the least.
We were shocked at the stuff they needed, absolutley everything.

What i'm trying to say, is that after paying for all this stuff, they have hardly used any of it. I have things still unopened, books not used. Dictionarys that are brand new still, unused. Amongst other things.

The school insisted we needed everything on the list!

I have found it a complete waste of money.

Have any of you felt ripped off at the things you have to buy for the school.?
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School stuff.

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
When we first arrived in OZ, we got a list from the schools our kids were attending, of things they needed. (state school)
The list was long. We went to Wooldridges and got all 3 of them everything that was on the list. The bill was very expensive to say the least.

What i'm trying to say, is that after paying for all this stuff, they have hardly used any of it. I have things still unopened, books not used. Dictionarys that are brand new still, unused. Amongst other things.

I only have one of full time school age but I have always used everything that has been purchased. I sent K to school on day 1 with everything labelled and I got a note home before the holidays and I had to buy a few more bits as she had used up a couple of things.

Sorry you have spent money un-necessarily, keep hold of it and if needs be don't order everything next year when the list comes out.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:11 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
I only have one of full time school age but I have always used everything that has been purchased. I sent K to school on day 1 with everything labelled and I got a note home before the holidays and I had to buy a few more bits as she had used up a couple of things.

Sorry you have spent money un-necessarily, keep hold of it and if needs be don't order everything next year when the list comes out.
I did get a new list for this year and i didn't buy anything. Just a few new pens.
So it goes to show not everything is needed or used. I suppose having to buy it 3 times over was a shock!
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz

I pay up and provide the lot, BUT I get sick of other parents not doing the same, every year you walk in loaded with a few hundred bucks of books/ pencils/ glue/ charts/ tissues/ paper...... and theres always plenty who dont bother:curse:

Our youngest state school now asked for 24 pencils etc, industrious as we hope our kids are I am not stupid, 24 pencils is suppling a lot more kids than my one. Same with all the levies, say the art levy, some dont pay thats a shortage of activities all the kids dont do. Been here long enough too to see some of the freeloaders can well afford what the schools asking. They just cant be arsed to pay.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 4:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I pay up and provide the lot, BUT I get sick of other parents not doing the same, every year you walk in loaded with a few hundred bucks of books/ pencils/ glue/ charts/ tissues/ paper...... and theres always plenty who dont bother:curse:

Our youngest state school now asked for 24 pencils etc, industrious as we hope our kids are I am not stupid, 24 pencils is suppling a lot more kids than my one. Same with all the levies, say the art levy, some dont pay thats a shortage of activities all the kids dont do. Been here long enough too to see some of the freeloaders can well afford what the schools asking. They just cant be arsed to pay.
I suppose i can use the unused things for my other kids when needed. I have a cupboard full of stuff all brand new. So hopefully it won't go to waste.
Old Jul 26th 2007, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised you've got it all at home. We have to take it all to school and supposedly it's kept for when they need it. But we too have already been asked for extra pencils and notebook and my son only started at the school a week before the easter hols there's no way he's gone through all those pencils already. I took the new pencils in and told the teacher he was going to keep them in his bag.
S xx