Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School starting age?

School starting age?

Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default School starting age?

Just wondering if anyone can help me clear this up?

I have registered both boys at quite a few schools now. But, Mr J and I were talking (will still do you know ) and decided to register at one of the 'best' schools in Perth.

All is well but they say the boys will be starting in 2010 and 2011 respectively. This is odd as all the other schools have them starting in 2009 and 2010. When I questioned the lateness the Registrar said that the rules have changed or something. Very confused

Their DOB are 23-09-03 and 14-05-05.

Any clues? I don't want Tiddler 2 year old starting school when he's nearly 6 and a 1/2!!!!!

Cheers all,

Mrs J
Old Oct 5th 2005, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School starting age?

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
Just wondering if anyone can help me clear this up?

I have registered both boys at quite a few schools now. But, Mr J and I were talking (will still do you know ) and decided to register at one of the 'best' schools in Perth.

All is well but they say the boys will be starting in 2010 and 2011 respectively. This is odd as all the other schools have them starting in 2009 and 2010. When I questioned the lateness the Registrar said that the rules have changed or something. Very confused

Their DOB are 23-09-03 and 14-05-05.

Any clues? I don't want Tiddler 2 year old starting school when he's nearly 6 and a 1/2!!!!!

Cheers all,

Mrs J
Try here - it's a calculator for working out when WA children can start school. Apparantly the rules have changed recently.

http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/ece/WA.htm
Old Oct 5th 2005, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School starting age?

Originally Posted by nickyc
Try here - it's a calculator for working out when WA children can start school. Apparantly the rules have changed recently.

http://www.eddept.wa.edu.au/ece/WA.htm
Brilliant, thanks so much x