School Question

Old Oct 10th 2004, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

jan&co will become famous soon enough
Default School Question

[B]Understand from previous posts that Talara Primary College and Mountain Creek High School in Sunshine Coast have very strict boundary restriction. We have kids in both primary and high school ages, just wondering how to solve the problem of registering at both schools. Any other family(ies) have encountered such difficulty?

Anyone has any advice? Thanks.
Old Oct 10th 2004, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

roiboit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School Question

Hi

Where are you planning to live? Mountain Creek also has a primary school (I believe it is even on the same campus) so if you are in this district all will go to same school (although maybe not at the same time as I remember reading a post that spoke about split shifts - the older kids in the morning and the younger in the afternoon - or something of the sort).

Check out the Mountain Creek web site!

roiboit
Old Oct 11th 2004, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

jan&co will become famous soon enough
Default Re: School Question

Originally Posted by roiboit
Hi

Where are you planning to live? Mountain Creek also has a primary school (I believe it is even on the same campus) so if you are in this district all will go to same school (although maybe not at the same time as I remember reading a post that spoke about split shifts - the older kids in the morning and the younger in the afternoon - or something of the sort).

Check out the Mountain Creek web site!

roiboit
Mountain Creek High is top choice for our older kids. And yes, they do have a split-shift structure - Yr 10-12 from 7.10am to 12.55pm whilst Yr 8-9 from 10.20am to 4.00pm. However we dont know much abt Mountain Creek Primary, which according to their websites is just across the road. These two schools are separately run. In the course of our search, we came across Talara Primary which seems to an excellent school for primary kids. As we are at the factfinding stage while waiting for visa approval, we are just trying to figure out how best to settle the kids' schooling needs. We'll decide on housing after the kids' schooling is settled. So, just wondering if anyone who happens to send their kids to both schools and how their experience goes? Or anyone has kids in Mountain Creek Primary care to share?

Thanks.