Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School League Tables Melbourne

School League Tables Melbourne

Old Aug 29th 2005, 11:38 am
Just Joined

jumpinjack will become famous soon enoughjumpinjack will become famous soon enough
Default School League Tables Melbourne

Hi we're new to the website and thinking about migrating to Melbourne. Does anyone know how to find the school league tables results for Melbourne schools ?
Old Aug 29th 2005, 11:54 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: School League Tables Melbourne

Originally Posted by jumpinjack
Hi we're new to the website and thinking about migrating to Melbourne. Does anyone know how to find the school league tables results for Melbourne schools ?
I think you'll find that we have no equivalent to the British "league tables."
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

jumpinjack will become famous soon enoughjumpinjack will become famous soon enough
Default Re: School League Tables Melbourne

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

There are league tables vash as I located them for Perth last year, obviously slightly different for the UK but basically the same information.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:18 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

There are league tables vash as I located them for Perth last year, obviously slightly different for the UK but basically the same information.
Have you checked on the Britvics site JJ ?

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bordy
Have you checked on the Britvics site JJ ?

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx
Cheers Bordy - i'm new to this so I will check it out
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

There are DEFINITELY no school league tables for NSW.

The press put together their own list from HSC data (final year exam results) that are in the public domain, but they are limited and in no way officially-sanctioned.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:22 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Cheers Bordy - i'm new to this so I will check it out
Good onya, were all here to help.

Well, nost of us.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Can you tell me where to find them for WA as I've never been able to find any. Cheers
Old Aug 29th 2005, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ohippy
Can you tell me where to find them for WA as I've never been able to find any. Cheers
Try e-mailing the West Australian or the Sunday Times as they publish the results every year around Jan or Feb. The e-mailed a back copy to me at the time.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Try e-mailing the West Australian or the Sunday Times as they publish the results every year around Jan or Feb. The e-mailed a back copy to me at the time.
Thanks for info - will do that - karma sent
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I think you'll find we do:

http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vce/stati...choolstats.pdf

They aren't league tables as such because they are VCE results for all secondary schools in alphabetical order rather than order of performance but it is easy to see which schools get 'better' results than others. They are also state wide, albeit that a high proportion of the state's schools are in the metropolitan area.

I'll let you into a big secret but don't tell anyone else. There is a strong correlation between a suburb's property values and the performance of its secondary school(s). The 'best' schools tend to be found in the 'best' neighbourhoods as a rough rule of thumb.

OzTennis

P.S. the Federal Government is pushing through a requirement for the states to rank each pupil against their classmates in school reports (i.e. a league table for pupils, your son or daughter is 27th in a class of 32 etc). NSW and some other states have accepted this, Victoria is resisting strongly.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 2:50 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: School League Tables Melbourne

Originally Posted by OzTennis

They aren't league tables as such because they are VCE results for all secondary schools in alphabetical order rather than order of performance but it is easy to see which schools get 'better' results than others. They are also state wide, albeit that a high proportion of the state's schools are in the metropolitan area.

I'll let you into a big secret but don't tell anyone else. There is a strong correlation between a suburb's property values and the performance of its secondary school(s). The 'best' schools tend to be found in the 'best' neighbourhoods as a rough rule of thumb.

OzTennis

P.S. the Federal Government is pushing through a requirement for the states to rank each pupil against their classmates in school reports (i.e. a league table for pupils, your son or daughter is 27th in a class of 32 etc). NSW and some other states have accepted this, Victoria is resisting strongly.
Hmm, interesting. I stand corrected.

Thanks for the link.
Old Aug 29th 2005, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

OzTennis

OZTENNIS YOU ARE A GENIUS !! Currently printing off file as we speak. I know what you mean about good suburbs good schools but as I know nothing about the suburbs this will help me narrow the search for the "good"suburbs.
Many many thanks.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

OZTENNIS YOU ARE A GENIUS !! Currently printing off file as we speak. I know what you mean about good suburbs good schools but as I know nothing about the suburbs this will help me narrow the search for the "good"suburbs.
Many many thanks.
Another thing that might be of interest:

http://www.theage.com.au/ed_docs/indicatordata2.pdf

The Age newspaper recently had a series of articles on Liveability Melbourne. This was a suburb by suburb study (pretty subjective) of liveability they commissioned. They had another article ranking 150 Melbourne suburbs from first to last. I can't find a link to the article but I printed it out and could post it if requested!

OzTennis
Old Aug 31st 2005, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

OzTennis

oh I hope not. I hate the way that parents behaved in England with the my kids better than yours attitude. Luckily my girls are fairly bright but I hate them getting too big for their boots.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.