Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School league tables

School league tables

Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:50 am
Just Joined

kaye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School league tables

Im moving to Brisbane on the 5th October. I have an idea about certain areas of which I like the look of, to live etc.
In the UK we have a county league tables for education, whch gives us an idea of the schools performance.
Is there anything like this in Brisbane? How do I find out which schools are good from performance indicators etc.
Any information would be useful
Many thanks
Kaye
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of
Default Re: School league tables

Originally Posted by kaye
Im moving to Brisbane on the 5th October. I have an idea about certain areas of which I like the look of, to live etc.
In the UK we have a county league tables for education, whch gives us an idea of the schools performance.
Is there anything like this in Brisbane? How do I find out which schools are good from performance indicators etc.
Many thanks
Kaye
Why don't you google the education office in Brisbane and see what comes back. Sorry it's the only thing I can think of for you to do.

Trish
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaye
Many thanks
Kaye
Kaye,

You might find this link useful

http://education.qld.gov.au/

Lau x
Old Sep 17th 2007, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Fardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the roughFardell is a jewel in the rough

I understand that only Victoria and Western Australia have published "league tables" comparing final year results. The other states collect results and keep them internal - often only giving individual schools a comparison of their results against the State/Territory average.

Many people are against the provision of the results - often teachers - and I think they should not be used in isolation; an effort still needs to be made to try and see whet school best fits your child's personality and attributes. However, the Federal government has tried to tie funding to the publication of results .. but that may not last past the next election ..