School League Tables

Wikiposts

School League Tables

Old Jul 10th 2004, 8:00 pm
Anti- Mike Member

Glenn2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School League Tables

Hi,

Do Australia have such a thing as a school league table like the UK?
We're looking to settle in West Lakes in Adelaide and have a 10 year old daughter. Does anyone know the good primary schools in the area? Also, the good private secondary schools for when she moves up?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Glenn
Old Jul 10th 2004, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future
Default Re: School League Tables

Hi Glenn,

I have never known any school league tables for primary schools in Australia. There are some good school guide books for secondary schools for some cities, not sure about Adelaide, check the Aussie on-line bookshops. They give details on how many students passed, how many went onto uni, how many achieved top marks etc, but no listings from 1 down.

I have found the best way to source out good schools in Oz is via estate websites, look for phrases like 'in the catchment area of xyz school' under selling points for specific houses. You could also email agents about schools in their areas.

The other source I have found is newspaper websites and their archives. Pop in the school name and see what sort of info comes back (arson attacks and murders are generally not good signs).

Happy hunting

Queenie

Originally posted by Glenn2003
Hi,

Do Australia have such a thing as a school league table like the UK?
We're looking to settle in West Lakes in Adelaide and have a 10 year old daughter. Does anyone know the good primary schools in the area? Also, the good private secondary schools for when she moves up?

Thanks for any help you can give us.

Glenn