Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School kids Bonus 2014

School kids Bonus 2014

Old Jan 15th 2014, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School kids Bonus 2014

Just spent $540 on book list, $385 on net book, $524 on uniform and $297 on fees! Glad I only have one child � ����

Last edited by Jilliebee; Jan 15th 2014 at 5:26 am.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 5:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully this shite will be gone soon

Let's have lower taxes instead
Old Jan 15th 2014, 6:29 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Hopefully this shite will be gone soon

Let's have lower taxes instead
That's a bit harsh. I don't actually disagree with you that it's a strange payment, but whilst it's paid, I will make use of it for the purpose it is intended and thank god (and the australian tax payers) that this payment has been made as it has really made a difference to me.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
That's a bit harsh. I don't actually disagree with you that it's a strange payment, but whilst it's paid, I will make use of it for the purpose it is intended and thank god (and the australian tax payers) that this payment has been made as it has really made a difference to me.
The title says 'bonus'. What for having kids? Right .... Reason for unprotected love making tonight
Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest I think it's stupid and so is the whole Medicare thing too, huge, huge bureaucracies supporting the churn of money. Terribly wasteful.

The govt. should just get rid of it all (not Medicare pre se but the "gaps" and all that claiming you have to do), Family Tax Benefit etc… and simply lower the income tax rates for everyone and raise the tax free threshold.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
To be honest I think it's stupid and so is the whole Medicare thing too, huge, huge bureaucracies supporting the churn of money. Terribly wasteful.

The govt. should just get rid of it all (not Medicare pre se but the "gaps" and all that claiming you have to do), Family Tax Benefit etc… and simply lower the income tax rates for everyone and raise the tax free threshold.
Outstanding advice. Why didn't the government think of that? Because there's too many pikey labour voters that think cash back on school books is far better than having a lower tax rate.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 7:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Outstanding advice. Why didn't the government think of that? Because there's too many pikey labour voters that think cash back on school books is far better than having a lower tax rate.
…and of course, like everything that's subsidised be it schoolbooks, childcare, first homes, solar power the cost of the thing rises to take account of the subsidy (and in the case of first home buyers grants it's multiplied with leverage).
Old Jan 15th 2014, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

…and of course, like everything that's subsidised be it schoolbooks, childcare, first homes, solar power the cost of the thing rises to take account of the subsidy (and in the case of first home buyers grants it's multiplied with leverage).
Well if you are a first home buyer in Sydney, its a useless grant, unless you want to live with the trash in far western sydney in a pokey new build apartment.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 9:30 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Well gotta say when we arrived, I got all of $23.10 a fortnight from centrelink with OH on grand wage of $26k (1999 with one child). There were no bonuses, baby, school or otherwise, no child care rebates, no yearly top ups to FTB.... Nada.

But then again petrol was 60c, Saturday paper 65c, daycare was $14 or something, Telstra line rental and broadband $10.... And no GST! I think we paid a "massive" rent of $120 a week for a house that currently would charge either side of $500 a week! Aha, them days! Glad I made Renth happy though....

Last edited by teza; Jan 15th 2014 at 9:32 am.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 9:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Renth says it best in post #20

A lower income tax rate would have made a difference to you too, and the beauty of lower tax is that everyone benefits

Thankfully this should be the last year that this bribe is paid

Last edited by Amazulu; Jan 15th 2014 at 9:57 am.
Old Jan 15th 2014, 9:53 am
Proudly Deplorable

spot on
Old Jan 15th 2014, 9:56 am
Proudly Deplorable

Yep

Lower income tax
Increase GST
Remove all voting bribes (aka allowances, tax breaks, benefits)
Sack the thousands of civil servants that administer the churn, thereby saving even more billions
Lower taxes even more
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:15 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

The title says 'bonus'. What for having kids? Right .... Reason for unprotected love making tonight
Gracious me, I thought Amazulu was a bit harsh in his choice of words, but conceded that I did agree with him. What is the point in your somewhat aggressively toned comment which appeared to be aimed in my direction?
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gracious me, I thought Amazulu was a bit harsh in his choice of words, but conceded that I did agree with him. What is the point in your somewhat aggressively toned comment which appeared to be aimed in my direction?
Nothing persoanl. Had to browse back to see who iI responded too. You are a bit directional-less but more being aggressive, like Zulu, towards the govt lack of foresight or better put 'getting the bogan vote'
Old Jan 15th 2014, 10:45 am
Feeble Minded

Nothing persoanl. Had to browse back to see who iI responded too. You are a bit directional-less but more being aggressive, like Zulu, towards the govt lack of foresight or better put 'getting the bogan vote'
I don't agree that I'm directionless. My stance is merely that whilst a payment is made, I will make good use of it. I won't whine if it goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.