Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School Hols in Perth

School Hols in Perth

Old Jan 13th 2005, 1:52 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default School Hols in Perth

Moved to Perth end of October with Jacko and our two boys aged 18 mnths & 5 and half years, schools out for summer and am looking for things to do, other than beach of course, went to Ascot Water playground yesterday to find in closed anyone know of any other water playgrounds (we live in Ellenbrook, northern sub of Perth), Kings Park and Whiteman Park are both great, Wild Kidz and Fun Station also good, Zoo was interesting, wonder if anyone has been anywhere else they could recomend. Anyone with kids of similar age want to meet up and do something?

Helen
Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:18 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Hols in Perth

You could go to Beattie Park swimming pool.

Adventure world but i think your kids would be too young
Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:42 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Originally Posted by Siren
You could go to Beattie Park swimming pool.

Adventure world but i think your kids would be too young
Thanks for info where is Beattie Park? is it outdoor?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Wet 'n' Wild in Kalamunda....?

Such a shame the waterplayground is closed Have good memories of that when I was a kid...
Was reccommending it on the forum last year, and then looked it up and found it was closed.

Might think of more stuff later...
Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:45 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Originally Posted by Simone
Wet 'n' Wild in Kalamunda....?

Such a shame the waterplayground is closed Have good memories of that when I was a kid...
Was reccommending it on the forum last year, and then looked it up and found it was closed.

Might think of more stuff later...
Not heard of that one will give it a go thanks, is it easy to find?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:54 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacko1
Not heard of that one will give it a go thanks, is it easy to find?
Yes, I think so, but as a kid I lived around the corner (Schmitt Road).

It's on the road that's going to Lesmurdie, Canning rd I think it is...)

Beattie Park is I think near me.... Mount Lawley?
Old Jan 13th 2005, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

hunter will become famous soon enoughhunter will become famous soon enough

Moved to Perth end of October with Jacko and our two boys aged 18 mnths & 5 and half years, schools out for summer and am looking for things to do, other than beach of course, went to Ascot Water playground yesterday to find in closed anyone know of any other water playgrounds (we live in Ellenbrook, northern sub of Perth), Kings Park and Whiteman Park are both great, Wild Kidz and Fun Station also good, Zoo was interesting, wonder if anyone has been anywhere else they could recomend. Anyone with kids of similar age want to meet up and do something?

Helen
Hi Helen
try here for a few hours, take a picnic lunch and the kids love the animals.
lots of shade and the kids can milk a goat and maybe try billy tea and damper
best of all it's not far from Ellenbrook (20min)
small farm only $3pp
my 2 kids love it (4 and 6) even had her 6th birthbay party there with 10 friends

http://members.iinet.net.au/~landfrms/loca.htm
Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:07 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Helen
You could check out Aqwa at Hillarys (www.aqwa.com.au) I think there's also some sort of waterslide park thingy up there as well...
Boy I wish I was still a nipper

Another good spot (that you probably already know of) is www.feralbrewing.com (you might want to leave the kids at home for this one

Steve
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:07 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
You could check out Aqwa at Hillarys (www.aqwa.com.au) I think there's also some sort of waterslide park thingy up there as well...
Boy I wish I was still a nipper

Another good spot (that you probably already know of) is www.feralbrewing.com (you might want to leave the kids at home for this one

Steve
Yup there is water slides at hillarys , also at the same spot is mini golf and trampolines.

Wet n wild in Kalamunda in on Canning Road, but not that great really. I used to live in Lesmurdie and went to this pool weekly.

Beattie Park in on Vinecent street in Leederville/North Perth. There are outdoor lap pools and diving boards but also an indoor pool area with little kiddies slides and things to climb on, and very shallow areas for babies and toddlers
Old Jan 13th 2005, 4:22 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Siren

Wet n wild in Kalamunda in on Canning Road, but not that great really. I used to live in Lesmurdie and went to this pool weekly.
Yeah, haven't been there since 1990.... does look a bit crappy now. Could've then too, but I don't remember, I was 8....
Old Jan 13th 2005, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Camping! everyone holidays that way here, our rather sad tent was $99 from k mart but it does the job, kids love it just dont go for more than a few nights or they do tend to get bored, do you have big 4 parks or equiv cheap and clean usually.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:32 am
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Beattie Park is I think near me.... Mount Lawley?[/QUOTE]
Corner of Vincent and Charles Sts; parking on Vincent