Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School holidays in Melbourne

School holidays in Melbourne

Old Mar 28th 2006, 8:24 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of
Smile School holidays in Melbourne

Hi,

Just trying to work out when the school holidays are in Melbourne primary schools and do they vary hugely depending on which school they go to??

Wanted to try and get my wee boy to start at the beginning of term rather than in the middle one. We are thinking about going out around June or July and was wondering what the new term dates were for that time.

If any Mums or Dads out there with there kids holiday list could give me that info it would be much appreciated
Old Mar 28th 2006, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School holidays in Melbourne

Originally Posted by td1
Hi,

Just trying to work out when the school holidays are in Melbourne primary schools and do they vary hugely depending on which school they go to??

Wanted to try and get my wee boy to start at the beginning of term rather than in the middle one. We are thinking about going out around June or July and was wondering what the new term dates were for that time.

If any Mums or Dads out there with there kids holiday list could give me that info it would be much appreciated
Here you go
http://www.information.vic.gov.au/re...chool_term.htm
Old Mar 28th 2006, 11:49 am
td1
Forum Regular

td1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud oftd1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pootle

Thanks for that Do you know if all schools follow these term times? I have looked at a couple of schools on the web and they seemed to have slightly different dates- not sure though if some of the schools web pages were out of date
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by td1
Thanks for that Do you know if all schools follow these term times? I have looked at a couple of schools on the web and they seemed to have slightly different dates- not sure though if some of the schools web pages were out of date
Not sure about Vic (in which case why am I answering ) but here in QLD they all seem to start within a day or two of each other but the private schools obviously have their own agenda.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

2006 for all states:

http://www.bcl.com.au/school-holidays.htm

School holidays for government schools are 'gazetted' (published in the official government gazette) and invariably all government schools, primary and secondary, observe these. Just as all schools within an LEA will observe the same dates in the UK, so with government schools in each state of Australia (although obviously they vary from state to state).

OzTennis
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

jothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond reputejothefw has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: School holidays in Melbourne

that site was v useful - helps to be able to tell grandparents that kids have a good 6 weeks off over xmas!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 1:24 pm
td1
Forum Regular

Thanks guys.

Can start looking at booking that flight now. Wish i was going back to school with all of those nice holidays