Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School held a special assembly for me

School held a special assembly for me

Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:21 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Smile School held a special assembly for me

My last day at work is actually tomorrow but I am in a review meeting all morning so the school held a special assembly for me today. The kids all sang "One more step along the world I go" which had me in floods of tears. Apparently they had been rehearsing for the last 3 weeks on a Friday afternoon when I don't work. I was put into the Gold Book - a special award book that we have in school and when the head asked the children why I should be put in there, the kids came out with the usual lovely comments about being kind, friendly, mad, always smiling, but then one Year 5 girl said I should be put in there for having the courage to leave everything behind and go to the other side of the world. How grown up.

I was given some nice gifts and the whole school watched me have a good cry The best thing is that EVERYONE was there - including the office staff, the dinner ladies and the caretaker. I thought that was a nice touch as it is very rare that we all manage to get together.

I have been working there for quite a number of years and have been in Year 6 for four of those years and I have been receiving letters from old pupils from 2 and 3 years ago who moved on to secondary school. Very thoughtful and moving that they care enough to remember me.

Good luck to everyone going through the saying goodbye process.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:30 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School held a special assembly for me

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
My last day at work is actually tomorrow but I am in a review meeting all morning so the school held a special assembly for me today. The kids all sang "One more step along the world I go" which had me in floods of tears. Apparently they had been rehearsing for the last 3 weeks on a Friday afternoon when I don't work. I was put into the Gold Book - a special award book that we have in school and when the head asked the children why I should be put in there, the kids came out with the usual lovely comments about being kind, friendly, mad, always smiling, but then one Year 5 girl said I should be put in there for having the courage to leave everything behind and go to the other side of the world. How grown up.

I was given some nice gifts and the whole school watched me have a good cry The best thing is that EVERYONE was there - including the office staff, the dinner ladies and the caretaker. I thought that was a nice touch as it is very rare that we all manage to get together.

I have been working there for quite a number of years and have been in Year 6 for four of those years and I have been receiving letters from old pupils from 2 and 3 years ago who moved on to secondary school. Very thoughtful and moving that they care enough to remember me.

Oh Anne that's a lovely send off..... I'm in floods of tears just reading this!

I'm not looking forward to saying all the goodbyes at all.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:34 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Great memories for you
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:35 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, you must be a very special teacher to provoke that kind of send-off from the children. England's loss is Australia's gain from the looks of things.

Best of luck..
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:36 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Oh how lovely, I would have been inconsolable !!!! I got tears in my eyes just reading your post !! I am dreading the goodbyes
still hopefully it will pass and I wont make a big fool of myself
Jane xxx
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
England's loss is Australia's gain
Those were the exact words the Head wrote in my card.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:42 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The A Team
Oh Anne that's a lovely send off..... I'm in floods of tears just reading this!

I'm not looking forward to saying all the goodbyes at all.
I welled up too !!!!!

I hope they dont do anything like that for me ( not that i am a teacher) but i work with a really big unit with over 70 nurses, and have been there touching on 10 years. They will all probably like to see the back off me i should think and my send of song would be something on the lines off 'Celebrate good times...yahoo '...

what a lovely goodbye though and i agree with Dunromintheuk.....Uk's loss will be Australia's gain.

Good luck Anne x
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:44 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

OH Anne thats Lovely!

Tears in my eyes as I read it!!

Hope you're feeling a bit happier now than you were a few days ago - did you get my pm?

Take care

Rach xxxx
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:58 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Those were the exact words the Head wrote in my card.
Let me know which school you end up working for in Australia so that we can point our son in your general direction.

He is a right handful now (at 9 months) so if he ends up at your new school he will surely test your cheery resolve to the max!! I wasn't cheery to begin with and I'm a right miserable bastard now!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by tygwyn
OH Anne thats Lovely!

Tears in my eyes as I read it!!

Hope you're feeling a bit happier now than you were a few days ago - did you get my pm?

Take care

Rach xxxx
Didn't receive any pm. I would definitely have replied if I had. One thing I am not is rude, I can't stand bad manners.

I am feeling a lot better this week thank you though no doubt the rollercoaster could have me anywhere next week Although I love my job and will be exceptionally sad to leave tomorrow, it will free me up to get on with all the things that need doing, so I think that might ease the panic within me a bit.

I've decided that there are quite a few soppy people on this forum. Me included
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Let me know which school you end up working for in Australia so that we can point our son in your general direction.

He is a right handful now (at 9 months) so if he ends up at your new school he will surely test your cheery resolve to the max!! I wasn't cheery to begin with and I'm a right miserable bastard now!
LOL
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:18 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't receive any pm. I would definitely have replied if I had. One thing I am not is rude, I can't stand bad manners.
I've just sent it again Terry - hope you get it?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

i not crying really, ive got something in my eye

Oh Anne that is lovely
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you find a place as good as that in Oz. Seems like you were a valued member of the team.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:22 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

What a wonderful send-off - I know it made you cry (and me, just reading it!) but how lovely that they made such a special effort for you, and that clearly you're made a difference to so many people and children alike. You should be very proud of yourself, Anne.

Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.