Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School held a special assembly for me

School held a special assembly for me

Old Jan 25th 2006, 5:46 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School held a special assembly for me

I'm in tears! Wish you all the best of luck and thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 25th 2006, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
My last day at work is actually tomorrow but I am in a review meeting all morning so the school held a special assembly for me today. The kids all sang "One more step along the world I go" which had me in floods of tears. Apparently they had been rehearsing for the last 3 weeks on a Friday afternoon when I don't work. I was put into the Gold Book - a special award book that we have in school and when the head asked the children why I should be put in there, the kids came out with the usual lovely comments about being kind, friendly, mad, always smiling, but then one Year 5 girl said I should be put in there for having the courage to leave everything behind and go to the other side of the world. How grown up.

I was given some nice gifts and the whole school watched me have a good cry The best thing is that EVERYONE was there - including the office staff, the dinner ladies and the caretaker. I thought that was a nice touch as it is very rare that we all manage to get together.

I have been working there for quite a number of years and have been in Year 6 for four of those years and I have been receiving letters from old pupils from 2 and 3 years ago who moved on to secondary school. Very thoughtful and moving that they care enough to remember me.

Good luck to everyone going through the saying goodbye process.
Anne fantastic sending off! You've made me go all weepy girl!
Take care Jox
Old Jan 25th 2006, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

How lovely, has brought tears to my eyes too!!

Dont think that my send off will be quite so nice,I am more likely to get my car shrink wrapped, filled with rubbish, coat sleeves sewn up, handbag full of shaving foam, and to top it all off a bucket of gunge threw all over me......oh I can't wait

Claire
Old Jan 25th 2006, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

How lovely. What a wonderful person you must be to have that kind of reaction to you leaving.

All the best

Wendy
Old Jan 26th 2006, 5:55 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Oh my God, last day at school today :scared: I have been awake for hours in a kind of strange sad/excited state. I have always likened this whole migration process as being like pregnancy and giving birth.This is the stage that is similar to actually giving birth. You're excited as you can't wait for it to happen because you know what is coming at the end, but all the same you know it is going to hurt like hell.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 6:04 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

That's lovely and no doubt well deserved
Old Jan 26th 2006, 7:20 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my God, last day at school today :scared: I have been awake for hours in a kind of strange sad/excited state. I have always likened this whole migration process as being like pregnancy and giving birth.This is the stage that is similar to actually giving birth. You're excited as you can't wait for it to happen because you know what is coming at the end, but all the same you know it is going to hurt like hell.
Least with migration you dont have to get up to feed the litle buggar at stooooopid o'clock in the morning
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your day chicken,
have the best, you'll be winging your way soon.

All my love Lace xx
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:21 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a nice story, you've cheered me up

My last day at work is actually tomorrow but I am in a review meeting all morning so the school held a special assembly for me today. The kids all sang "One more step along the world I go" which had me in floods of tears. Apparently they had been rehearsing for the last 3 weeks on a Friday afternoon when I don't work. I was put into the Gold Book - a special award book that we have in school and when the head asked the children why I should be put in there, the kids came out with the usual lovely comments about being kind, friendly, mad, always smiling, but then one Year 5 girl said I should be put in there for having the courage to leave everything behind and go to the other side of the world. How grown up.

I was given some nice gifts and the whole school watched me have a good cry The best thing is that EVERYONE was there - including the office staff, the dinner ladies and the caretaker. I thought that was a nice touch as it is very rare that we all manage to get together.

I have been working there for quite a number of years and have been in Year 6 for four of those years and I have been receiving letters from old pupils from 2 and 3 years ago who moved on to secondary school. Very thoughtful and moving that they care enough to remember me.

Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

aaarrrhh, that's lovely Anne! I was wondering how you and Terry were getting on. Did you get my pm?
Claire. x
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

They will obviously miss you, you must be kinda special to that school for them to be so sad to see you leave, as someone has already said `Australias Gain` no doubt, Im sure you`ll do well when you get there, good luck.

Old Jan 26th 2006, 8:29 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Did you get my pm?
Claire. x
No I didn't which is a bit odd as that is the second one I have heard of that I haven't had

Had a lovely time at school today. Suffice to say that neither year 6 or myself got much work done and there were plenty of hugs and cuddles as I left. In fact I got ambushed at every corner I turned.

Terry is flying out on 8th Feb as he has a job to start, and Alex and I are following on 7th March once the shippers have cleared everything out. Hopefully we will have an offer on the house by then Hope things are sorting themselves out nicely for you and that you are settling down.

Take care

Love Anne xx
Old Jan 29th 2006, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

No I didn't which is a bit odd as that is the second one I have heard of that I haven't had

Had a lovely time at school today. Suffice to say that neither year 6 or myself got much work done and there were plenty of hugs and cuddles as I left. In fact I got ambushed at every corner I turned.

Terry is flying out on 8th Feb as he has a job to start, and Alex and I are following on 7th March once the shippers have cleared everything out. Hopefully we will have an offer on the house by then Hope things are sorting themselves out nicely for you and that you are settling down.

Take care

Love Anne xx

Hi Anne,
My pm was basically asking how things were going? I'm so excited for you!
So you haven't actually sold your house? Is it imminent do you think?
We are settling in just fine. We love it here. Only problem so far is our shipment had a few damages, and we need to make some claims. These "recommended" shippers didn't meet my approval!
Bye for now. Keep us posted Anne.
Claire. x