Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School of hairdressing on gold coast or Brisbane?

School of hairdressing on gold coast or Brisbane?

Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: School of hairdressing on gold coast or Brisbane?

Originally Posted by stumpysean
I think so!

I just don't fancy having to commute into Brisbane on a train/bus every day at 7.30am! I'd much rather live and study and the kids go to school in the same area........if we don't like the Gold coast after i've finished thecourse we can always move!!!!!

I've contacted Mark this am, and cancelled the Welfare course with Stefan, so i'm going in the right direction!

just starting to think about area for rentals and schools.....its such a headache because most of them have a catchment area and without visiting them its so hard to tell!

I think we'll plan on going out a month before my course starts to get a feel for the place, find a rental and a school for the kids before i have to start college. That way it won't be so stressful.....I hope lol

I should be ironing.....not sitting here doing my usual! on here....

Sounds like you have made a decision. Great!!! We are going to go 3-4 weeks beforehand to get a rental and sort everything else out.
I checked out flights (again) and everything last night and its a bit cheaper in November, so I'm aiming for the course starting end of November.
Oh I meant to tell you there's someone on BE with accommodation in Helensvale that she rents out to people for their initial stay. I'll check my messages and give you her name. Its $350 a week or thereabouts.
tracy
Old Jul 7th 2008, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

tasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of lighttasmas is a glorious beacon of light

Its CYRUSED and her name is Sally, however I checked and I think it might just be a granny flat, might not be big enough for you and your family. Also evening meal can be included if your about when she's cooking with no extra charge.

Tracy
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Originally Posted by tasmas
Its CYRUSED and her name is Sally, however I checked and I think it might just be a granny flat, might not be big enough for you and your family. Also evening meal can be included if your about when she's cooking with no extra charge.

Tracy
Oh right, thanks for that.

Although, yes you're right, a granny flat might not be big enough for 4 of us! Worth a thought though!

Where are you looking at renting? At least you haven't got to worry about schools and kids!

Its the cost that will be the killer, their school fees are $8k ea per year!

But if this is what we want to do, this is our only way, so we have to go for it. I'm sure it will be worth it. Just need to sell our house now really. It all rests on how long that takes as to when I can do the course.........I'm hoping if I enrol to start May, everything should fall into place.

Becky
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Hiya

Looking at renting in one of the new apartment blocks in Southport on the water. Como Crescent or Aqua street. We'll be struggling financially, so how you gonna manage 8K for school, unbelieveable.
We're also waiting for house to sell, had a viewing yesterday. I hate cleaning the house top to bottom only for them to tell the estate agents they're not interested, waiting for that call!!!!
I gather you haven't done the ironing yet then. Me neither!!! Gonna go to the shop, buy some chocolate. I love being on this website gathering all info but its depressing cause i just want to go. No patience at all!!
Tracy
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

stumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nicestumpysean is just really nice

Hiya

Looking at renting in one of the new apartment blocks in Southport on the water. Como Crescent or Aqua street. We'll be struggling financially, so how you gonna manage 8K for school, unbelieveable.
We're also waiting for house to sell, had a viewing yesterday. I hate cleaning the house top to bottom only for them to tell the estate agents they're not interested, waiting for that call!!!!
I gather you haven't done the ironing yet then. Me neither!!! Gonna go to the shop, buy some chocolate. I love being on this website gathering all info but its depressing cause i just want to go. No patience at all!!
Tracy
lol yeah its addictive isn't it?
Mondays are usually my housework day! I've done some of it, then i stop for a tea break! i'm off to gym in 10 mins so thought i'd get a bit more research in before i go

We're funding the whole course and the school fees for the kids on the sale of our house, car and business here in Uk, although we won't be left with a huge amount at the end of it all. But hey, life's for living isn't it? We've been to a funeral of my hubbys best mate this week and he's brother should've been getting married on Sat, but the mother of the bride died the night before the wedding, so it was cancelled! so it just makes you think doesn't it? Life's too short........as long as we're all happy and we get by, we don't care if we're skint!!!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

lol yeah its addictive isn't it?
Mondays are usually my housework day! I've done some of it, then i stop for a tea break! i'm off to gym in 10 mins so thought i'd get a bit more research in before i go

We're funding the whole course and the school fees for the kids on the sale of our house, car and business here in Uk, although we won't be left with a huge amount at the end of it all. But hey, life's for living isn't it? We've been to a funeral of my hubbys best mate this week and he's brother should've been getting married on Sat, but the mother of the bride died the night before the wedding, so it was cancelled! so it just makes you think doesn't it? Life's too short........as long as we're all happy and we get by, we don't care if we're skint!!!!
Exactly, you only get one chance, and i don't want to be sat knitting when i'm 65 saying "I wish i'd done that".

Don't ask me why I said knitting, cause i can't spell crotcheting (!!!!!) You know what I mean!!!
Old Jul 7th 2008, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Exactly, you only get one chance, and i don't want to be sat knitting when i'm 65 saying "I wish i'd done that".

Don't ask me why I said knitting, cause i can't spell crotcheting (!!!!!) You know what I mean!!!
My sentiments exactly!

I can't knit either or sew for that matter!!!! lol

Anyway, off to gym now,

BFN

Becky
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

bound4brissy is on a distinguished road

So if she's finished soon, she's only done 1yr? surely she can't apply for PR?

This gets so confusing!!!!!

I'll PM you!
Hi...

Im confused too - I am at BSH brisbane and doing the 2 year course - dont understand how you can qualify for 2 year course and only do the cert III. Maybe I have missed something though...

As far as Brisbane goes - we love it - I have 2 kids age 8 and 12 and we are living in Sandgate - about 30 mins train to city then a 5 min walk to college. We are right on the bay so the kids have access to beach etc here. We have only been here 4 weeks and everything has fallen into place... Kids are so happy and have loads of friends. We have found a gorgeous (and affordable house) ...hubby just needs to find a job now as we are spending money like water!!

...............Definitely a good move to come here, no regrets.

Best wishes to everyone,

Yvonne xxxx
Old Oct 26th 2008, 11:42 am
Just Joined

tanbongtee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
Hi There

My freind is at the Brisbane School started on 31st March last year and will be finished in two weeks, if you buckle down you can fast track through. She's come over on a student visa if you need some contact numbers pm me i'll check with her and let you have them. She'll have to work in the industry for 6 months that i think that'd part of the vise qualifications now.

Jane
I'm interested to study hairdressing in gold coast for 2yrs and then apply for pr. Do you mind to get yr friend to email me at [email protected]. need more information from her. thanks alot

dan