School Fees WA

Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice
Default School Fees WA

Hi,

I have been told and read that you dont need to pay school fees in wa!

Can anyone confirm if we will have to pay school fees on a temp student visa?
I have searched on here and there is a coupke of threads and they all say you dont pay but the people asking were all on a 457 visa and I wondered if it's the same on a student visa.
As my son was only 4 when we got our student visa we didnt have to enrol him before our visa was granted!

Thanks

p.s I got a job today!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School Fees WA

Originally Posted by werty1
Hi,

I have been told and read that you dont need to pay school fees in wa!

Can anyone confirm if we will have to pay school fees on a temp student visa?
I have searched on here and there is a coupke of threads and they all say you dont pay but the people asking were all on a 457 visa and I wondered if it's the same on a student visa.
As my son was only 4 when we got our student visa we didnt have to enrol him before our visa was granted!

Thanks

p.s I got a job today!!!!
Student visa holders in WA have to pay school fees. I think it is about $4500 per child per year.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

werty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nicewerty1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
Student visa holders in WA have to pay school fees. I think it is about $4500 per child per year.
Ah I thought it might be too good to be true! Can I ask where you get your info from please.

Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:52 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I thought it might be too good to be true! Can I ask where you get your info from please.

Thanks
http://policies.det.wa.edu.au/our_po...w=summary_view

somewhere in the document it lists the visa numbers. I don't think it states the amount and as I said I only THINK that is the amount. You will have to check it out with the Department of Education.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

southern-stars will become famous soon enough

Thanks
Werty I'm sorry but I've just found on the university of western australia arrivals pack, that you definately do have to pay for the education fees. Couldn't paste a link cos its a pdf file but its definately right.

still congrats on the job, julie x
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

All information about visa subclasses and fees payable can be found on the pdf file link on this page Scroll right down to 5.6 and the international student stuff starts about then.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Oh well we had expected to pay so it's not the end of the world.

I'm sure I'll find out soon exactly what we need to pay.

Thanks for the links
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:34 am
Just Joined

PJC1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School Fees

Hi Werty & co

Just to let you know we came out on a student visa May 2007 we had to have a letter of offer from DECS for our son to attend a school in South Australia (was one of the criteria to meet to get the subclass 572 student visa). He was 7 when we came out and we had to pay $4100 for his school fees for the year. When your child turns 6 you have to pay school fees if you are still on the student visa and haven't got PR. We have a younger son who turns 6 in June. I think the fees are discounted slightly in subsequent years as are the fees for a sibling. We also have to pay the school direct $185 for each child for this term. Not sure what the rules are for WA but as your son is only 4 you won't have to pay as yet.