Wikiposts

School fees NSW

Old Jul 29th 2006, 11:40 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default School fees NSW

Is it right that if on temp visa school fees are payable in NSW and if on PR then no fees are payable?
TIA
Old Jul 29th 2006, 1:59 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School fees NSW

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Is it right that if on temp visa school fees are payable in NSW and if on PR then no fees are payable?
TIA
In general, that's the rule.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 4:35 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

TIA
Yes apparently so! I'm on a three year student visa and will be paying $6K per year for my son's education when he starts next Feb!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

Craigv is an unknown quantity at this point

TIA
currently to put a child into a primary school in NSW the cost is $4500 per child per year. Other states are less. You then need to pay additional costs for books/ uniforms etc etc. Not cheap. I am on a 457.

I can claim LAFHA which is a tax break through work. If I went PR you cant do that, but you get medicare and school costs paid for you.