Reload this Page >

School fees Melbourne?

School fees Melbourne?

Old Apr 26th 2004, 10:38 pm
the place to be

daveg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default School fees Melbourne?

Hi
I understand that people on a temp visa in NSW need to pay fees for their kids to attend a state primary school, but I thought this wasn't the case in Vic. However I've just been looking around some primary school websites for info and found a form that says 'full fee paying application for primary school age'.

Have I just found a private school or is my understanding wrong? I thought state education was free to dependants on a temp visa in Vic?

Thanks for any advice
Daveg
Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:35 pm
the place to be

I think this might only be applicable to international students from eg Japan, Thailand, etc
See this link:
http://www.sofweb.vic.edu.au/isp/index.htm
Old Apr 26th 2004, 11:47 pm
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
state education is free but you are asked to make a 'contribution' which for us was only about $200 for the year, you have to buy books and materials also from a list the school provides, this cost us an additional $160.
hth
em
Old Apr 27th 2004, 12:01 am
the place to be

Cheers for that
Old Apr 27th 2004, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

My daughter attends a Catholic Primary School (even though we are not catholic) and we pay just over $1000 in fees, which includes all excursions (including her swimming lessons), and all school materials i.e. pens, pencils etc.

We can either make a contribution of $60 for maintenance of the school grounds or attend one of their working bees and the $60 is taken off the invoice.

We pay quarterly which makes it a bit easier to budget.

Her uniforms (summer and winter) cost us about $175, which also includes socks, tights and bloomers, school colour scrunchies and her school bag. Her school shoes cost $50. I was also given some 2nd hand uniforms by my sister in law, who's kids also attend the same school, so it probably would have cost more if I hadn't been given these.

Hope this helps

Regards