Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

School - Coogee/Bronte

School - Coogee/Bronte

Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future
Default School - Coogee/Bronte

Just wondering if anyone can help with state schools in the Coogee/Bronte/Bondi/Clovelly and surrounding areas. We are not exactly sure where we will live but would like to base it on finding a good school. For a 7 year old. Have looked at a few online but would appreciate anyones experiences.

Thanks - any help appreciated.
Sarah
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: School - Coogee/Bronte

I live in Coogee but my kids went to private schools. However I do have an inkling on the reputations of the local public schools.

Clovelly Public is a big school but has a very good name. It has a multitude of extra-curricular stuff (its own orchestra etc) and an active P&C for fundraising . Tough to get into - you must live within the very small catchment area. South Coogee public is another good one. My very well-educated English/Irish neighbours checked out all the local schools for their kids and they now go to South Coogee public which they are very happy with.

Bondi Beach, Coogee and Waverley public schools may well be OK but in the past their reputations were not as good as Clovelly and South Coogee. Same with Bronte - we used to live there and it was our local school at the time. We did check it out and decided to send our kids to a private school.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

sarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant futuresarskis has a brilliant future
Default Re: School - Coogee/Bronte

Originally Posted by NickyC
I live in Coogee but my kids went to private schools. However I do have an inkling on the reputations of the local public schools.

Clovelly Public is a big school but has a very good name. It has a multitude of extra-curricular stuff (its own orchestra etc) and an active P&C for fundraising . Tough to get into - you must live within the very small catchment area. South Coogee public is another good one. My very well-educated English/Irish neighbours checked out all the local schools for their kids and they now go to South Coogee public which they are very happy with.

Bondi Beach, Coogee and Waverley public schools may well be OK but in the past their reputations were not as good as Clovelly and South Coogee. Same with Bronte - we used to live there and it was our local school at the time. We did check it out and decided to send our kids to a private school.

That is great - schooling is our biggest worry, we lived in Coogee and Randwick about eight years ago (pre-child) and want to make sure we pick the right place to live to fall into a catchment for a good school.

Thanks so much
Sarah