Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

school confusion

school confusion

Old Dec 31st 2006, 6:45 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default school confusion

can someone tell me what school years my kids will enter if they are born in dec 95 and june 98 (they will be joining school in australia middle of next year)

? thanks
Old Dec 31st 2006, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future
Default Re: school confusion

Sounds like yr 7 (start of secondary) and Yr 4
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

My boys are Sep 97 and June 99 and from Jan 2008 they will be entering at Yr 6 and Yr 4 in Brisbane, if this is any help!!

Last edited by paulainspain; Dec 31st 2006 at 8:51 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2006, 8:35 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

You need to check the website for the state you will be living in - also if you are considering private they may have different entry criteria on ages.

We have also found some school will take into consideration the year they were in school in the UK - ie my son had already completed year 6 in the UK and had spent two terms in Year 7 High school in the UK. Although his age meant he should have been in Year 6 here he was able to go into Year 7 and stay in high school.

You may also want to check the age group of the class they are considering joining. Some parents here in Aus are keeping their children back a year from school, especially boys for developmental reasons.

If you know the school you want them to attend you could email and ask.

Cheers
Old Dec 31st 2006, 11:19 pm
ozzies now love it!!!

roos is on a distinguished road

hi
depends on state .
queensland grade 7 is last year of primary school.
my son was born feb 95 and will be in grade 7 when goes back this year.
my born 97 son is going to be in grade 5 so a 98 birth will be grade 4.
they soon balance out and seem to be doing same as england especially in upper years.
good luck

roos
Old Jan 1st 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

My boys were born in Nov '95 and May '98. In WA, the eldest is going into year 7 (last year of Primary) and youngest into year 4 in February fter the Summer holiday.

Debs