School Bullying

Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:07 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default School Bullying

Anyone know of any stats on the state of school bullying in Oz?

cheers
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future
Default Re: School Bullying

Originally Posted by herrchook

cheers

can only go on personal experience but in our school it is a zero tolerance policy & it works!
we had a small problem - nothing major when the boys started school - i happened to mention it to the teacher in passing - you know if she could keep an eye out - well that afternoon everyone involved was called together & it was sorted out straight away
since then it has been fine
i was very impressed with the way it was handled

not sure where you would find stats but i think many schools are the same

hth

pootle26
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pootle26
can only go on personal experience but in our school it is a zero tolerance policy & it works!
we had a small problem - nothing major when the boys started school - i happened to mention it to the teacher in passing - you know if she could keep an eye out - well that afternoon everyone involved was called together & it was sorted out straight away
since then it has been fine
i was very impressed with the way it was handled

not sure where you would find stats but i think many schools are the same

hth

pootle26
We have had death threats made against my daughter. The teacher intervened and was threatened with having her head blown off!!

The boy in question suffers from ADHD and his Mum has been in and agreed that his medication needs to be changed. The school have handled the situation 100%. The head called me whilst on home leave to inform me as to what steps are being taken. I know that my daughter is in a safe environment. I couldn't ask for more. Being here or in the UK it could have happened.

The thing I love is that the teachers and head uses their first names! so much more friendly.
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

ginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond reputeginaf has a reputation beyond repute

cheers
I was wondering the same thing as well.

My little boy is being picked on at school in the U.K, but he is only 5. I have spoken to his school twice so far (and am about to go back again) and I think because he is only 5 they treat it as teasing rather than bullying, but the fact is that it is the same children every day, and it is not only verbal and emotional it is also physical he is feeling really alienated and is wetting the bed every night which he has never done since he was potty trained. I am at my wits end and am glad we are off to Oz where at least I can address the bullying issue before we choose a school.

Rant over
Old Nov 5th 2005, 10:59 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

cheers
Preparing for the great parental showdown are we???
Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:19 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yamahaha
Preparing for the great parental showdown are we???
Shakin in me boots as we speak - You know what they're like :scared: Heading off in an hour or so. Wish us luck. Will you look after the cats if we don't come back?

What you up to today?
Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:23 am
Sunny Sydney

Thanks for all the repies. From what you've said and we've read elsewhere it seems that there is bullying in Oz like everywhere, but generally, it is better dealt with in Australia than here.

That's another box ticked.

Old Nov 5th 2005, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the repies. From what you've said and we've read elsewhere it seems that there is bullying in Oz like everywhere, but generally, it is better dealt with in Australia than here.

That's another box ticked.

we are still in the uk and both schools that my eldest son has attended - one a state school, and a private one -(both boys are now in it), have a zero tolerance to bullying and unfortunately my eldest son has been bullied at the age of 5.5 (state) and at 8 (private). each time the situation has been dealt with quickly and with good results. both situations were completely different,

the first time when he was 5.5, he never told me until we were home, I phoned the school straight away, spoke to the head teacher - she was brilliant, and the problem was resolved the next day.

the second time, i flet sure that it had been going on for a while, but couldn't get son to say a thing. spoke to his teacher, she kept an eye on him. but it was acutally while he was in breakfast club that the leader spotted what was going on, situation dealt with that day - no further problems and he has grown into a wonderful confident boy.