Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

school age children

school age children

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all
Default school age children

Can anyone please explain these school years to me? I have a daughter who will be 6 in September 2010, another daughter who will be 4 this February and a son who will be 2 in August.
If we move to Perth in January 2011, what years will they be full time or part time???
Sorry I know similar questions have been threaded before!!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all
Default Re: school age children

Your daughter would be in the same year as my daughter is supposed to be in. The cut-offs for WA are the 1st July to 30th June. The children start Year 1 in the year they turn 6 and a half. So if your daughter is 6 in September 2010 she won't be 6 and a half until 2011 and will be eligible to start Year 1 in that year.

If you look on the Education website for WA I think there is a calculator to help you work it out.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Thanks, much appreciated. it's going to take quite a while to get all three kids in full time then.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Yeah am afraid so. I believe the government heavily subsidises the cost of childcare though from what I have been reading.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

There is also PREP which is prior to Year 1,I know it is in place in QLD but not sure about WA ?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Yes there is pre-primary prior to Year 1 in WA although it is not compulsory and if the places are booked they don't have to take you even if you live in the catchment area.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

WA calculator here http://www.det.wa.edu.au/education/ece/calculator.html