Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Schapelle Corby found guilty. 20 years jail!

Schapelle Corby found guilty. 20 years jail!

Old May 30th 2005, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

G'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud ofG'Day has much to be proud of
Default Re: Schapelle Corby found guilty. 20 years jail!

Originally Posted by bondipom
I am talking about those that start at school and uni and finish when they are gainfully employed. Those who carry on after that tend to have the problems and undoubtedly there are some serious side effects. To make statements that most dope users go on to be lifetime users and take more serious drugs is silly and unrealistic. Most stop and become respectable citizens or even worse the President of the US.
ROFL
Old May 30th 2005, 9:19 pm
Merlot

I had no idea who this person was but heck she has a LOT of websites!

M

Old May 30th 2005, 9:44 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul and Chloe
So you would not accept gifts from the famiy of your long term partner, right...not sure you are being realistic here....I think most people would agree with you if it were from Joe Bloggs on the street but not when it has the connection as I described. Plus it would seem to me that you are in know position to judge her dumb, although if there is any truth in the saying "takes one to know one" then perhaps you are highly qualified!
your right. maybe i would accept gifts and take them for my family but my family members do not have convictions for drug offences. hers unfortunately do. maybe we should all be more concious whilst travelling overseas.
Old May 30th 2005, 10:23 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

She was found with drugs in her baggage & unless she could come up with a reasonable explanation for them being there, then what else would anyone expect a court to decide?

As for the "australian law" brigade, its been stated that if the case was brought to court in Australia, she would have been convicted as well.

Im with darkless - I think she should thank her lucky stars she didnt get the death penalty!

Some people seem to have lost the plot completely on this one!
Old May 30th 2005, 10:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
She was found with drugs in her baggage & unless she could come up with a reasonable explanation for them being there, then what else would anyone expect a court to decide?

As for the "australian law" brigade, its been stated that if the case was brought to court in Australia, she would have been convicted as well.

Im with darkless - I think she should thank her lucky stars she didnt get the death penalty!

Some people seem to have lost the plot completely on this one!
I think many people are bored and have nothing else to do except pick on some subjects and just go round and round and round in circles either agreeing or disagreeing. At the end of the day, it's over, move on, let's find a NEW subject to get het up over. This is not meant to offend anyone, or upset anyone, just my opinion
Old May 30th 2005, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough

How come no-one sees the 'background' to this ?

The family are well known for many AU offences including drugs. It is SPECULATED that Shapelle knew that the drugs were in her bag.

The baggage handlers drug scam was in full play here. It was known that the 'domestic' flight between Brisbane and Sydney was 'safe' and the arrangement was that the drugs would be taken out of the boogy board bag at Sydney.

Also speculated that 'problems' occurred at Sydney airport which resulted in the baggage handlers not been able to take the drugs out of the bag.

So, when Shapelle's brother took the bag off the carousel in Bali, it is most likely he did note the weight of the bag. The bag at this time had already been 'picked up' by a customs sniffer dog in Bali. So I'm sure they were panicked.

It is MY opinion and speaking to people in the know that she knew exactly what was going on, as did the family. They are double crossing the AU public with this innocent 'act'. Why can people not see through this ?

As for her 'backer' - paying for silence.....?

One final point. Has anyone ever seen people in airports with large plastic sealed bags full of drugs, in the exact same shape as a boogy board bag ? These same people are just looking for an unopened full of space boogy board bag to put it in ? Once found, imagine putting the said bag inside in full view of other 'staff' or 'passengers' - I can't remember seeing it myself !! Most people take care of their 'packing' in the privacy of their own home !

Last edited by surfdude; May 30th 2005 at 11:13 pm.
Old May 30th 2005, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I think many people are bored and have nothing else to do except pick on some subjects and just go round and round and round in circles either agreeing or disagreeing. At the end of the day, it's over, move on, let's find a NEW subject to get het up over. This is not meant to offend anyone, or upset anyone, just my opinion
You are quite right, let's move on. I have just started a thread titled "Bali 9".
Old May 31st 2005, 2:35 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by smilywelshgirl
Did anyone else hear about the same judge who the day before the corby versidt sentenced 2 Balinese guys to 10 years for beating a guy to death in the Bali dock yard?

10 years for Murder

20 for a bit of weed

Fantastic legal system.

Not unlike Australia's..... perspective has gone completely out of the wiindow in this case and it is developing into an ugly, xenophobic, nationalistic mess on both sides. Its time for everyone to take a deep breath and pull their heads in. Guilty or not, all of this crap isn't helping the defendent.
Old May 31st 2005, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

This is what she should do.

1. Her father packed the Boogie bag so he should admit to packing the drugs.

2. He should go to a solicitor and sign a sworn affidavit that he packed the bag and put the drugs in the bag before he gave it to her for her flight.

3. The silks should then present this new evidence at the appeal.

4. As new evidence not previously brought before the court it will must be considered. (Sure the hanging judge can reject it but a sworn affidavit, I doubt it). They should release her.

5. She gets off.

6. Father then gets arrested by the plod (or whatever you call them over here) for drug traffiking.

7. Trouble is there is no evidence as the Indo's have destroyed it and it's not in this country anyway. The silks will have a field day over that. So he gets off.

8. Indo's will want to extradite him but they can't because Oz will not extradite when the defendant faces the death penalty.

9. The whole family can then live happily ever after.

A bit simplistic I know but if it was my daughter who faced 20 years I would do it.
Old May 31st 2005, 9:40 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

I didnt even know what was going on,dont read papers,only people magazine for the articles.So I turned up to my local "Schapelle Corby beauty salon" for my usual back,sack and crack,to find a closed sign on the door with a note below reading

"BACK IN 20 "

Now I've found out all the gossip from Today Tonight with Tamara Beckwith,I'm digging out my "FREE THE WEATHERFIELD ONE " T shirt.It's already got the names Langton,Barlow,Baldwin and that Turkish one crossed out,so one more wont matter.

BB-and I aint even touched a drop neeva
Old May 31st 2005, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by baldbutts
I didnt even know what was going on,dont read papers,only people magazine for the articles.So I turned up to my local "Schapelle Corby beauty salon" for my usual back,sack and crack,to find a closed sign on the door with a note below reading

"BACK IN 20 "

Now I've found out all the gossip from Today Tonight with Tamara Beckwith,I'm digging out my "FREE THE WEATHERFIELD ONE " T shirt.It's already got the names Langton,Barlow,Baldwin and that Turkish one crossed out,so one more wont matter.

Classic ! Well said !
Old May 31st 2005, 11:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baldbutts

BB, you don't NEED to touch a drop - you're posts are always funny, as well as being classics
Old May 31st 2005, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by smilywelshgirl
Did anyone else hear about the same judge who the day before the corby versidt sentenced 2 Balinese guys to 10 years for beating a guy to death in the Bali dock yard?

10 years for Murder

20 for a bit of weed

Fantastic legal system.

Smily, unfortunately (or not) the particular countries mentioned consider that drug smugglers are murderers. I personally found watching the verdict very disturbing and upsetting, it felt wrong to be watching. It was like a doco I watched about a young Brit given a long sentence at the Bangkok Hilton, he admitted guilt. I know it no excuse before anyone "has a go" but he seemed to be a bit thick.
Karen
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:29 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe these might come in handy
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:40 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough

Judge not less we be judged!

0r something like that anyway.

Guilty or innocent I don't know, I just think that the long sentence is wrong when murder gets you a lesser sentence. That's all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.