View Poll Results: Is Gold Coast beauty student Schapelle Corby.......
Guilty
12.50%
Innocent
66.67%
Don't really care - but sick to death of hearing about it !
20.83%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Schapelle Corby

Old Apr 14th 2005, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Schapelle Corby

Schapelle Corby
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:02 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schapelle Corby

Originally Posted by Jimbo9
Schapelle Corby
I think she is innocent. You would have to be incredibly stupid to try and take that amount of drugs to another country. Also value of cannabis is higher in OZ than In Indonesia, which means commonsense would be that people would try to take it out of Bali, not bring it in.

Lesson to be learn't here: Put Pack your cases yourself AND ensure you have padlocks on all luggage and the keys on your body. Don't think they will be sen as a security threat somehow.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:04 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Innocent here to, As the handler at the airport said theres NO WAY she could check in her surf board with an extra 4Kgs of drugs inside the cover.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:08 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Sick to death to hearing about it? Well I think Schapelle is the one feeling sick to death! You can always turn your radio or tv down/off when the item comes up, she can't, she has to stay there and see it through to the end. Not a nice predicament to be in.

In anycase media anywhere would place a high priority on a citizen of their country being in such a situation. How long did the Terry Waits or those nurses in Saudi Arabia a few years back go on in the UK media?
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:09 pm
Merlot

Schapelle Corby
Part of the Outer Hebradies???

As you can see many of us in the UK have not heard of her.

If she is innocent, hope she gets off!

M

Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:24 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure, but i will say this. for all who are sick of hearing about it. would you say the same if it was your brother, sister or even your kid?????
i think not
now be off with you and get some work done
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:33 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

She's guilty as sin, her brother is a big time dealer & her mate who was with her is a heavy weed smoker. Her only saving grace is the drugs were supposed to be unloaded in Sydney en-route.
How do I get to that conclusion?
The mates mum cleans house for one of our customers and she spilled the beans chapter and verse weeks ago, only hearsay I know but as believable as the crap in the papers.
Same old thing Aussie press reporting it as a poor innocent girl who faces the firing squad. In a few weeks time there will be a big expose on her drug dealing relative, she'll be forgotten about and life for the rest of us will go on as normal.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:35 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by soapy
Im not sure, but i will say this. for all who are sick of hearing about it. would you say the same if it was your brother, sister or even your kid?????
i think not
now be off with you and get some work done
Here, here. I'm with you on this. I'd be devastated if it was someone I knew or was related to.

Regardless as to guilty or innocent....she's still someone's kid

FWIW:I think innocent.

Case doesn't stack up 100%. And in the case of DP....I would wanna be 100000% sure before handing it out

Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
She's guilty as sin, her brother is a big time dealer & her mate who was with her is a heavy weed smoker. Her only saving grace is the drugs were supposed to be unloaded in Sydney en-route.
The mates mum cleans house for one of our customers and she spilled the beans chapter and verse weeks ago, only hearsay I know but as believable as the crap in the papers.
Same old thing Aussie press reporting it as a poor innocent girl who faces the firing squad. In a few weeks time there will be a big expose on her drug dealing relative, she'll be forgotten about and life for the rest of us will go on as normal.
this is why im not sure. we all know what the paper print is bollocks, but then so could your story....now im not saying u talk shit. im just saying its a bit of an uncles, sisters,aunties, brother job. if u know what i mean.
all i can think about is..........if that was my son and it could be....i wouldnt know where to turn
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:42 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Schapelle Corby
Sounds like a) a soap opera character or b) a perfume by some poncey designer. I guess I really must read the papers more, but hey,you know (according to the UK press) the world is just a big blob outside of the UK!!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:52 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by cresta57
I'm surprised this hasn't come out then cresta cos the Indonesian's aren't that slow having said that, sometimes deals are made behind closed doors between both governments, so who knows

We all know how daft our kids can be, especialy with cannabis as kids these days see this as a "soft" drug. At the end of the day she's someones kid...or sister...and for this reason I'm sorry for them and hope they come to a decision soon. And I hope it's based on 100% fact rather than heresay if she's to get the DP.

Even if she is related to drug dealers she's innocent till proven guilty.

I certainly wouldn't want to send someone to death on a case of 'probability'......that's for sure

Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Sick to death to hearing about it? Well I think Schapelle is the one feeling sick to death! You can always turn your radio or tv down/off when the item comes up, she can't, she has to stay there and see it through to the end. Not a nice predicament to be in.

In anycase media anywhere would place a high priority on a citizen of their country being in such a situation. How long did the Terry Waits or those nurses in Saudi Arabia a few years back go on in the UK media?
The media has never been so attentive with other people caught possessing drugs in SE Asia. Her Gold Coast lawyer is working the PR machine overtime.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:08 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bondipom
The media has never been so attentive with other people caught possessing drugs in SE Asia. Her Gold Coast lawyer is working the PR machine overtime.
exactly...and after all crazy Ron is on her side...thats good enough for me !!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:13 pm
wombat42

It looks like those terrorists who did the Bali Bombing and murdered 88 Aussies and 35 Poms and around 60 other people will not get the death penalty and probably end up being relaised after doing a few years. However an Aussie who is most likely innocent of smuggling some grass faces the death penalty. If she was guilty and it was heroin a drug that actually kills people then l might agree.

Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:24 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
...innocent till proven guilty...
Precisely.
I see the media is turning this in to another circus. The scenes from the court room last night were ridiculous. I'd be interested to know what the take is by the local press. From the look of the media scrum you'd think she was a mass murderer. She doesn't deserve that IMHO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.