SCART stuff

Old Mar 5th 2005, 11:28 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all
Default SCART stuff

Being in the UK of course, have loads of SCART things (tv, vhs, dvd) and s-video (smaller scart) things (video camera). Is there any point in taking any of the Scart things, considering Aus doesn`t have that? Don`t even remember if my vhs will work in Aus.... I know the tv won`t.

So is it all just coaxial connections there or what?
Old Mar 5th 2005, 11:41 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SCART stuff

Originally Posted by Stormz
Being in the UK of course, have loads of SCART things (tv, vhs, dvd) and s-video (smaller scart) things (video camera). Is there any point in taking any of the Scart things, considering Aus doesn`t have that? Don`t even remember if my vhs will work in Aus.... I know the tv won`t.

oh dear, you are high maintainence

bring the lot out, a scart is a scart, in my telly anyway...

we have scart and coaxial all fits together very nice thankyou..

your vhs will work out here just to play tapes but will not pick up tv signals to record
Old Mar 5th 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

There is also those neat little adaptors that allow you to connect SCART to simple RCA plugged Video, stereo cables
Old Mar 5th 2005, 12:19 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Some brands of tv imported from Europe do have the scart connections........but not many.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 12:21 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya Stormz,

I think scart is an interantional standard.
I have read on here that people use a set top box to get the TV working with local / sat broadcasts in Oz.

I'm sure others will advise.

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 5th 2005, 12:34 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

I have scart on my stuff.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 2:48 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Cool. Will dump the tv for sure as it`s crap, but I`ll have to get another scart one to replace it with.... hmmmm, get one here or in Oz?

Dunno why I`m worrying as tv is so crap in Oz anyway.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Cool. Will dump the tv for sure as it`s crap, but I`ll have to get another scart one to replace it with.... hmmmm, get one here or in Oz?

Dunno why I`m worrying as tv is so crap in Oz anyway.
Isn't that because there's no license fee, so any tom dick or harry can make their own commercials for tv. Mainly used car sailsmen.

TV is the one thing that got on my T**s in Oz.
Old Mar 5th 2005, 5:33 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by leedslad
Isn't that because there's no license fee, so any tom dick or harry can make their own commercials for tv. Mainly used car sailsmen.

TV is the one thing that got on my T**s in Oz.

MY GOD IT'S FREE :scared:

I need to sit down.

What will I do with that extra money each year

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 5th 2005, 5:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markeh
I think scart is an interantional standard.

It isn't....it's very much a UK thing, it is around in Europe, but not all europe, probably because the models of things being sold in the UK...but there's no scart over in the states, I got laughed out the store when I asked about it over here *lol*
Old Mar 5th 2005, 6:08 pm
Happy Daddy

Originally Posted by Bob
It isn't....it's very much a UK thing, it is around in Europe, but not all europe, probably because the models of things being sold in the UK...but there's no scart over in the states, I got laughed out the store when I asked about it over here *lol*
Bob,

did a quick surch and it becomes self explanitry why it's european;

The Scart (Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs) connector is used for combined audio and video connections.
The connector is also known as Pertitel connector or Euroconnector.
A formal description is given in the CENELEC EN 50 049-1:1989 standard or in the IEC 933-1 standard.

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 5th 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by markeh
Bob,

did a quick surch and it becomes self explanitry why it's european;

The Scart (Syndicat des Constructeurs d'Appareils Radiorécepteurs et Téléviseurs) connector is used for combined audio and video connections.
The connector is also known as Pertitel connector or Euroconnector.
A formal description is given in the CENELEC EN 50 049-1:1989 standard or in the IEC 933-1 standard.

Bye
Mark
If anyone is feeling technical: If theres no scart, how to you get seperate RGB signals and the 16:9 switching signal from the DVD to the telly?
Old Mar 5th 2005, 7:54 pm
Happy Daddy

Originally Posted by Gjn200
If anyone is feeling technical: If theres no scart, how to you get seperate RGB signals and the 16:9 switching signal from the DVD to the telly?
IMHO
The easiest way would be to buy one with it

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gjn200
using the S-video out....or composite R,G,B out.
Old Mar 6th 2005, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

MarkandJulie will become famous soon enoughMarkandJulie will become famous soon enough

Dick Smith and similar stores sell scart leads, connectors, adapters, etc

You will be able to find what you need. Bit more expensive here though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.