Scart Leads

Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Scart Leads

We've decided we aren't bringing our TV or DVD player to Australia and will buy new after we arrive.

Is scart used in Australia or should we not bother bringing the leads either?

Also will UK video tapes work in Australian Video's (got a couple which aren't available on DVD)?

Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2005, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default Re: Scart Leads

Originally Posted by spottydog
We've decided we aren't bringing our TV or DVD player to Australia and will buy new after we arrive.

Is scart used in Australia or should we not bother bringing the leads either?

Also will UK video tapes work in Australian Video's (got a couple which aren't available on DVD)?

Thanks
this might help
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329665
Old Oct 18th 2005, 3:04 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

In general SCART type sockets are not even provided on most home entertainment equipment downunder, pretty much everything is connected with RCA Phono Plugs.

However, knowing UK PAL and Aussie PAL standards are different and having a lot of videos from the UK I sold my TV but brought my VCR with me. I bought a freeview digital settop TV box over here and lo and behold SCART sockets galore. Initially when I tried my UK VCR with Aussie TV got great pic but no sound, once it was plugged through the settop box with a SCART everything works hunky dory and it even records fine off of TV.

Would suggest bring VCR and some leads just to be on the safe side (after all how much would you get for a second hand VCR in the UK?)
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
In general SCART type sockets are not even provided on most home entertainment equipment downunder, pretty much everything is connected with RCA Phono Plugs.

However, knowing UK PAL and Aussie PAL standards are different and having a lot of videos from the UK I sold my TV but brought my VCR with me. I bought a freeview digital settop TV box over here and lo and behold SCART sockets galore. Initially when I tried my UK VCR with Aussie TV got great pic but no sound, once it was plugged through the settop box with a SCART everything works hunky dory and it even records fine off of TV.

Would suggest bring VCR and some leads just to be on the safe side (after all how much would you get for a second hand VCR in the UK?)
Thanks, I think I'll probably just take a risk as I'm not getting a whole container so the video player will probably be worth less than it will cost to ship (I'll try and get my one video copied to DVD too.