Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scared of your meds? THEN PLEASE READ ON!

Scared of your meds? THEN PLEASE READ ON!

Old Apr 10th 2006, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scared of your meds? THEN PLEASE READ ON!

Well to all of you who saw my thread last week, you'll know I was absolutely bricking it about my pending meds!This thread is to say thankyou to those of you who offered kind words of support and advice and to those of you who are just that one step behind and are sitting there right now worrying about whats in store.
So what was my experience today? My daughters didn't have to have blood tests and I was able to stay in the examination room with them. Our doctor was lovely, made a few light hearted jokes and kept the whole ordeal relaxed, even to the point where I argued about my weight and hardly felt the needle when he took my blood for the aids test! We were all at ease throughout the entire afternoon, and can honestly say that what I expected was not what happened.
I've still got to wait and you never know, my tests could come back with problems and I won't be as glowingly positive as I am now. But that would be down to fate. Now you know what? After 2 weeks of dieting, healthy eating and no booze...I HAVE JUST OPENED MY BOTTLE OF CAVA AND STUCK THE STRAW IN THE TOP!!!!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scared of your meds? THEN PLEASE READ ON!

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Well to all of you who saw my thread last week, you'll know I was absolutely bricking it about my pending meds!This thread is to say thankyou to those of you who offered kind words of support and advice and to those of you who are just that one step behind and are sitting there right now worrying about whats in store.
So what was my experience today? My daughters didn't have to have blood tests and I was able to stay in the examination room with them. Our doctor was lovely, made a few light hearted jokes and kept the whole ordeal relaxed, even to the point where I argued about my weight and hardly felt the needle when he took my blood for the aids test! We were all at ease throughout the entire afternoon, and can honestly say that what I expected was not what happened.
I've still got to wait and you never know, my tests could come back with problems and I won't be as glowingly positive as I am now. But that would be down to fate. Now you know what? After 2 weeks of dieting, healthy eating and no booze...I HAVE JUST OPENED MY BOTTLE OF CAVA AND STUCK THE STRAW IN THE TOP!!!!
Excellent post, i too was worried prior to mine and wrote a similar post to put peoples minds at rest in February. Im sure you will help loads of people with yours. Enjoy the drink!

Lisa.xx
Old Apr 10th 2006, 5:53 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Glad to hear it. May put a lot of peoples mind at rest.
Old Apr 10th 2006, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Excellent post, i too was worried prior to mine and wrote a similar post to put peoples minds at rest in February. Im sure you will help loads of people with yours. Enjoy the drink!

Lisa.xx
Its crazy how much you tie yourself in knots. I even spoke to my doctor today and told him how nervous I was as I felt like mine and my daughters whole lives depended on it. He told me that we were all the same bless us! Thanks for the reply, I do think its a good thing to relay positive experiences as well as using this site for a good moan or for support! Have you heard anything back from your CO yet?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benny the ball
I can't explain how happy I am right now....god knows what I'll be like once the cava kicks in
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Its crazy how much you tie yourself in knots. I even spoke to my doctor today and told him how nervous I was as I felt like mine and my daughters whole lives depended on it. He told me that we were all the same bless us! Thanks for the reply, I do think its a good thing to relay positive experiences as well as using this site for a good moan or for support! Have you heard anything back from your CO yet?

nope, not a sausage!!!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
nope, not a sausage!!!
hmmmm its one hurdle after the other......but at least we are a bit further towards the dream Dunno about you but next stage after the all clear is finding $100,000
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by benny the ball
Well it aint put my mind to rest, the guy I spoke to sez the doctor has squeeze of the owld todger and missus gets her bumps felt.

Not happy about that one bit, Our lass will go off it you just watch!

Jazzy
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:34 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

hmmmm its one hurdle after the other......but at least we are a bit further towards the dream Dunno about you but next stage after the all clear is finding $100,000
Well done for getting through another hurdle - how's the cava going?
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by herrchook
Well done for getting through another hurdle - how's the cava going?
cava's going good...isn't it funny how quickly it goes to your head when you haven't been drinking for a while? he he he..I'll be in bed by 10!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jazzys
Well it aint put my mind to rest, the guy I spoke to sez the doctor has squeeze of the owld todger and missus gets her bumps felt.

Not happy about that one bit, Our lass will go off it you just watch!

Jazzy
Is that wishful thinking? :scared:
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Is that wishful thinking? :scared:
Ya kidding aren't ya. Good go almighty, there'll be blood on the carpet!

I'll need a medical after the wife comes out, she'll kill me for not telling her about it.

Oh my dear lord we might not be going to Oz after all!

Pray for me expats pray very very hard!

Jazzy
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Ya kidding aren't ya. Good go almighty, there'll be blood on the carpet!

I'll need a medical after the wife comes out, she'll kill me for not telling her about it.

Oh my dear lord we might not be going to Oz after all!

Pray for me expats pray very very hard!

Jazzy

If it helps there was no *cough* test or groping for either me or the hubby on our meds
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
If it helps there was no *cough* test or groping for either me or the hubby on our meds
I wish it did help, but the guy that told me went to the same place as I am going.

Apart from owt else its too bleeding cold in Newcastle to be getting the old man out in some drafty old room with an wrinkly old doc dressed in tweed and looking over the top of his glasses at ya!

Oh my god my mind is running riot!

Get me a drink NOW!
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WendyC
You know it wendy! I think it gets a bit like chinese whispers don't you? I actually offered far too much info to my doc!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.