Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scarborough, Sandgate, Manly or Cleveland??

Scarborough, Sandgate, Manly or Cleveland??

Old Jan 27th 2011, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Location: Kikcaldy Scotland but starting work in Brisbane soon
Oh no no no Geordie Munro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Scarborough, Sandgate, Manly or Cleveland??

Starting work in Brisbane CBD next month with the wife and 2 kiddies following on later once house sold but starting to panic as not got a scoobie where to look for a rental.

Pretty much decided to commute from out of the city nearish the coast.

So whats the best place to live in and why?

Whats not so good with the other places?

Any other commutable places worth looking at?

Any tips on anything would be great!

Geo
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:01 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scarborough, Sandgate, Manly or Cleveland??

Originally Posted by Oh no no no Geordie Munro
Starting work in Brisbane CBD next month with the wife and 2 kiddies following on later once house sold but starting to panic as not got a scoobie where to look for a rental.

Pretty much decided to commute from out of the city nearish the coast.

So whats the best place to live in and why?

Whats not so good with the other places?

Any other commutable places worth looking at?

Any tips on anything would be great!

Geo

Geo.

Yep lived in Cleveland for six months, nice very nice, but a tad quiet for me, i like busier pubs. There are a few, but no discoteques, i am a bit of a mover. If i had a kid of school age, and me and the missus were normal home makers, you know, we are a bit rock'n'roll, but its a good area, great locality etc etc, i would go back, but i am heading to Benowa, when i return.

Cleveland is, a great location, get the train to CBD in 60 minutes drive to Surfers in an hour etc, but a tad too quiet for me but great for you, you will love it, but i may return when i hit 50.

If i were you, i would take a drive to the Bayside area, stay a month or so, you will love it, British chipy in Birkdale, great walks, fishing. But it aint cheap, well what is over there apart from fresh air?

Enjoy Oz.

Keith
Old Jan 27th 2011, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

Location: Kikcaldy Scotland but starting work in Brisbane soon
Oh no no no Geordie Munro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scarborough, Sandgate, Manly or Cleveland??

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Geo.

Yep lived in Cleveland for six months, nice very nice, but a tad quiet for me, i like busier pubs. There are a few, but no discoteques, i am a bit of a mover. If i had a kid of school age, and me and the missus were normal home makers, you know, we are a bit rock'n'roll, but its a good area, great locality etc etc, i would go back, but i am heading to Benowa, when i return.

Cleveland is, a great location, get the train to CBD in 60 minutes drive to Surfers in an hour etc, but a tad too quiet for me but great for you, you will love it, but i may return when i hit 50.

If i were you, i would take a drive to the Bayside area, stay a month or so, you will love it, British chipy in Birkdale, great walks, fishing. But it aint cheap, well what is over there apart from fresh air?

Enjoy Oz.

Keith
I feel the rock!! Guess you'll need a big garage for the band!

Any knowledge of the other places I mentioned??

Say hi to Pete for me (if he can still hear you).