Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Scams in Apartment rentals

Scams in Apartment rentals

Old Jan 7th 2010, 5:59 am
Banned

musicalman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scams in Apartment rentals

Pls. contact http://www.scamwatch.gov.au as someone already suggested earlier and let them know the story. If they found scamming then they can ban the website and take legal actions against the promoters. However its very difficult to caught anyone who is in nigeria but many others may be remain safe from being there victims. i also searched this website something 1.5 years ago as it was ranked top while searching shared acco. in australian cities but once they demand money i left it and cancelled my login with them.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:10 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scams in Apartment rentals

Originally Posted by 20021
I understand that any set of rules have the only and most important point improve the community and provide order. But i can see this rule number 6 is working against the forum and its users and doing worse, its helping a scam.

I suppose its not the goal of this forum, so i ask for common sense applying the rules.
Take it from an innocent business that gets someone using your circumstances too publicly slag them off. The only way to stop this greater evil is to make a steadfast rule.

Keeping the thread generic on the scams is helpful enough. Do not see getting into specific naming providing anymore education other than making you feel better.

The best redemption is to advise people on what steps they can take so they dont fall foul of these scammers.